Talk

Advanced search

Tell me I would be silly to...

(20 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Fri 06-Jan-17 19:30:43

Keep a coat I got in boxing day sales that is a size too small but I will be dieting....
It won't do up comfortably now but I want to lose some weight so don't want to buy a bigger size for it to be too big in a few months! Then again I am crap at dieting...I am kind of thinking of it as a reward? I think I might be making a mistake though...
Have you ever done this and regretted it? I love the coat it is just my style so do want to keep it. Keep the size that fits now or the size that is smaller?

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 06-Jan-17 19:32:17

We need to see the coat first grin

keeponkeepinon Fri 06-Jan-17 19:48:04

boden rose

keeponkeepinon Fri 06-Jan-17 19:50:55

Just thinking actually, if I wanted to wear a decent jumper under this coat, I'd need to be even thinner! I've been trying it on with a very thin t shirt on. I just like the idea of getting into a smaller size and that's swaying me! (I realise how daft that sounds!)
Does anyone have a Boden coat? How do you find the sizing to be tts or big or small?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Fri 06-Jan-17 20:56:20

Hmm... in theory it could work but in my case in practise it probably wouldn't

Sukitakeitoff Fri 06-Jan-17 20:59:05

Boden offer 365 returns. Keep the receipt, leave the tags on, and return it if you haven't lost the weight by a certain date - say 1st September. Would that work?

Sukitakeitoff Fri 06-Jan-17 20:59:39

*Meant to say 365 day returns

MollyHuaCha Fri 06-Jan-17 21:03:05

It's a nice coat!

MargotLovedTom Fri 06-Jan-17 21:04:23

Oh that 365 days return is handy.

I have a wardrobe full of unworn stuff I'm supposed to be 'slimming into'.....wink

keeponkeepinon Fri 06-Jan-17 22:06:18

365 days? Is that for account credit or full refund?

hugoagogo Fri 06-Jan-17 22:15:33

I would send it back. Keep the cash and buy something that fits when you are smaller. In a few months you might not won't want a coat.

Fuzzypeggy Fri 06-Jan-17 22:25:43

I remember your earlier thread on this and you decided to cancel the order so I'm guessing it was too late to cancel. You decided to cancel it so my advice is stick with that decision and send it back.

ChishandFips33 Fri 06-Jan-17 23:11:39

Does it fit ok if you keep it open?

If so keep it and wear it open - I barely ever fasten my coats when I think about it and some coats I can't get jumpers under so I just wear them weather accordingly

It's a lovely colour and you'll feel happy wearing it which will help your weight loss focus!

Dulcimena Sat 07-Jan-17 00:55:29

Send it back. By the time you can comfortably wear it (seasons and weight change) you'll want something new and shiney.

Doobigetta Sat 07-Jan-17 01:41:09

If it won't do up, it's not going to work. You need room to do a winter oat up over your thickest jumper.

Doobigetta Sat 07-Jan-17 01:41:23

COAT

dudsville Sat 07-Jan-17 01:58:05

Did you buy the smaller size because your size was no longer available? There will be time for more fabulous coats in your lifetime. Don't by something that doesn't fit or that you hope to fit into someday.

QueenMortificado Sat 07-Jan-17 02:01:05

I say this in the nicest way possible but long term weight loss really rarely works, and I am not sure you'd ever get to the stage where you can wear it. Isn't it better to be able to wear it right away and reduce the cost per wear?

An the other hand, it's quite a basic coat, it's not so special that you couldn't buy something similar when you're all gorgeous and lithe

Liiinoo Sat 07-Jan-17 09:03:53

I wouldn't. I have two brand new with tag items in my wardrobe that I loved so much I decided to keep them to slim into them. One is two years old and one is three years old. They were both sale bargains so I am only about £30 down and maybe this year will be their year, but somehow I doubt it!

keeponkeepinon Sat 07-Jan-17 09:20:56

I got one that fits now and one that doesn't really fit now. I've packaged the smaller one up and am keeping the 12. As I get smaller I'll be able to layer up plenty under the 12 so it'll still be useful, it's not like I have bags of space in it anyway.
It is a very basic simple design yes, but I have always loved a simple pea coat style and I think I always will so it's a style keeper for me. I'm not going to fall into the trap of keeping more unworn stuff. I am on a no spend year now (ordered in Boxing day sales, doesn't count!) so wanting to keep lovely timeless items and ditch some of the things that I don't or won't wear anymore.
Thanks, good advice as always!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now