Talk

Advanced search

TKMaxx designer brands

(12 Posts)
Twogoats Fri 06-Jan-17 18:39:15

There's some Victoria Beckham and Ted Baker sunglasses on the TK Maxx website. I want to buy them, but they seem too cheap to be real... But they must be real, right? TK Maxx are a big company!

SallyR0se Fri 06-Jan-17 18:41:18

They're real. I love TK Maxx!

donkir Fri 06-Jan-17 18:41:45

Yes they will be real but tk max make their own products and some companies/celebrities let them use their names on things so it's not as good as what it seems.
There was a programme on 4 about it. I'll try and find a link.

Maudlinmaud Fri 06-Jan-17 18:45:40

So so so nice! If it wasn't the start of january those would be in my basket.

donkir Fri 06-Jan-17 18:47:41

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/c4-dispatches-unwraps-concerns-about-pricing-and-labelling-at-tk-maxx

YesThisIsMe Fri 06-Jan-17 18:49:30

As donkir said, they won't be fakes, but they might be "special editions" licenced specifically to be sold in TK MAXX, and never actually intended to be sold at the headline RRP. Or they might be legitimate over-production and you're getting a fab bargain, it's hard to tell.

YesThisIsMe Fri 06-Jan-17 18:57:31

The important thing with sunglasses (unlike jeans or Handbags) is that if you buy through TK MAXX the optical safety standards should be legit, (even if the RRP is iffy) whereas if you buy full-blown fakes from an anonymous retailer on eBay with fake CE UV protection stickers then they may damage your eyes if worn in bright sunlight.

Dulcimena Sat 07-Jan-17 00:59:22

They get a fair amount of stock from The Outnet, I've found things in store that are still for sale on the outnet for much more ££. Def not fake.

Twogoats Sat 07-Jan-17 10:51:25

Thanks!

I will buy them then! They have Moschino too!

It's odd though, I can't imagine our Vicky allowing TKMaxx to sell her sunnies! I wonder if she knows?!?

AliciaMayEmory Sat 07-Jan-17 10:56:34

My friend used to work for a beauty brand and was always a bit hmm that they allowed TKMaxx to sell their products at such a reduced price. They are definitely real. Some will be over stock and some will be made especially for outlets and TKMaxx (like the stuff in the Florida outlets and those MacArthur Glenn type places), but absolutely not fakes. I've got some real bargains from our local TKMaxx stores and I always think that as long as I love it then I don't care if it would never have been sold in the actual stores.

LaPampa Sat 07-Jan-17 10:58:24

I got some great Marc Jacobs sunglasses from TK Maxx which seem to be genuine

SugarLoveHeart Tue 10-Jan-17 19:58:25

Alicia, yes TK sell Chanel & all of the top brands. I buy all of my skin care there. I like the natural (rose oil etc) ones, that cost a fortune in health food stores... They've had lots of cool Korean stuff recently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now