Talk

Advanced search

Guerlain Meteorites Pearls?

(10 Posts)
LazySusan11 Fri 06-Jan-17 16:57:00

Anyone else think they're rubbish? I got the limited edition ones for Christmas, I was still pleased as I have seen various bloggers banging on about how they make you look 'lit from within'

I must have a dud one because it does nothing for my face, they do however get sneakily caught up in my brush then launch themselves in different directions shortly after.

Are these really amazing am I missing something??

whitehandledkitchenknife Fri 06-Jan-17 17:53:31

I've had a box for years. If you're not a full makeup person then they do give a lift if you have a basic no foundation/bit of mascara/lippy routine. I love them.

Judydreamsofhorses Fri 06-Jan-17 18:56:34

Another fan here - I wonder if the Christmas ones are maybe not quite right for your skintone?

MimsyBorogroves Fri 06-Jan-17 19:08:08

I'm intrigued by these. Where's the best place to buy them? Amazon have some for £30...and £70.

Ifonlyiweretaller Fri 06-Jan-17 19:48:58

Great image of those expensive little coloured pearls launching everywhere LazySusan! I actually quite like mine, and love the container they came in (although thinking about it I've had them more than 12 months and there are still loads left, so I'm obviously not THAT impressed with them...)

LazySusan11 Fri 06-Jan-17 20:32:37

I don't wear much make up, I only really wear a base if I'm going out. I have a fairly decent complexion and wearing these magic pearls alone does nothing! My Hourglass powders are much better.

Perhaps as previously said they might not suit my skin tone..not sure I want to buy anymore to find out!

EnidButton Fri 06-Jan-17 23:55:40

They just make me look like a Twilight extra. So sparkly!

They look beautiful, gorgeous packaging and smell heavenly but as an actual useful make up product they're not for me. I honestly don't understand how anyone can think sparkly equals lit from within unless they're aiming to look like Tinker Bell.

I have the pot out on my dressing table as it's so pretty and occasionally give them a sniff but that's it.

EnidButton Fri 06-Jan-17 23:56:58

Ok so I see I'm in the minority. I definitely have the right colour. They're glittery/sparkly though aren't they?

HelsinkiLights Sat 07-Jan-17 00:59:12

I love mine. I use them after foundation and I know this sounds weird but it's like your face has gone from normal to super polished 3D. (Similar to the Bare Originals Veil powder thingy.)

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Sat 07-Jan-17 01:54:36

I much prefer the Hourglass powders too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now