Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone use Elemis Pro-Collagen MarineCream

(19 Posts)
peasandquiet Fri 06-Jan-17 14:03:03

Trying to decide if I should treat myself to a pot, have used the cleansing balm for years and love it, can't decide if £80 a pot is just insanity or whether I'll love it and it will be worth it!

If you use it tell me if it's worth the money or not please?

user1483298839 Fri 06-Jan-17 14:18:28

I use PCMC both the normal and ultra rich versions. I love it. Good for my dry skin and a good base for make up. Try QVC and Time to Spa for deals. Look online for the next 'Today's Special Value' Elemis set on QVC, a pot is always included. I use it all the time but have never paid £80 for it!

peasandquiet Fri 06-Jan-17 14:23:43

thanks user, will take a look on there - great shout!

OpenMindedSceptic Fri 06-Jan-17 14:27:16

I sometimes use the original version as a night cream and love it! Very light yet very moisturising. It is very expensive though and before buying a pot you should try to get a sample at the Elemis counter (they come in 15mls tubes) Just to make sure your skin likes it!
I also look for bargains and would not pay £80 for a pot.

If anyone knows a cream that is similar to this one but cheaper please do let me know!

Pancakeflipper Fri 06-Jan-17 14:27:49

It's my preferred moisturiser for the last 5 yrs.
I have very dry skin and very sensitive.
Like user1483298839 I have never paid out £80. I usually get it for about £50. It is expensive but 1 pot lasts me about 5-6 months. You only need a tiny amount.
I do love it. I have tried others but I come back to it as it just suits my skin.

Ask the counter at the dept store for enough samples for a week so you can try it.

HairsprayQueen Fri 06-Jan-17 14:29:01

Breaks me out terribly which is a shame as I love the feel of it when I use it.

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Fri 06-Jan-17 14:30:44

I just can't stand the smell, it absolutely reeks. And for me the moisturising effects were nothing wow.

My wallet breathed a sigh of relief.

Costacoffeeplease Fri 06-Jan-17 14:34:06

I use it a lot and have also never paid £80 a pot. I second looking at QVC for offers or when it's included in a TSV

maddogs33 Fri 06-Jan-17 14:37:08

Its alright, definitely not worth £80 at all. Like others if its in a QVC TSV for about £50 for the whole thing then I will buy it for my day cream. My hands down favourite is L'Occitane Divine Cream which I use as a night cream. Happy to pay full price for that.

PollyPerky Fri 06-Jan-17 14:59:12

No, it's not worth it. No cream that price is. There is very little you can do to promote growth of collagen despite the name on the pot!

I've found the best is Olay 3 point Regenerist which has some science behind it and is £15 ish from Amazon. You can buy the unperfumed version which I prefer as perfumed products contain alcohol which dries and irritates skin.

Libitina Fri 06-Jan-17 15:17:41

I've used it for years and always buy it from QVC. Plus point being you can send it back if you don't like it.

dazzlingdeborahrose Fri 06-Jan-17 16:11:36

I use it and have never paid full price for it. Either qvc or time to spa often have offers for a free pot if you spend over a certain amount. It's often in gift sets which you can but cheaply after xmas too. I really like it.

PrimalLass Fri 06-Jan-17 16:17:17

I didn't like it - not heavy enough for me. I use this instead, which is a good price for 100ml.

www.clinique.co.uk/product/8388/24569/Skin-Care/hydration/Moisture-Surge-Overnight-Mask

memyselfandaye Fri 06-Jan-17 16:23:09

Me, it's fantastic.

VintagePerfumista Sun 08-Jan-17 17:56:35

Used to use it but it is too light and lotiony for my dry skin and also very siliconey so it does make your skin "pill" unless you kind of pat it on, or have quite oily skin.

I carried on buying it for the divine scent and then realised that was bonkers!

VintagePerfumista Sun 08-Jan-17 17:58:21

Agree with maddog- I bought my 4th pot in a row of Occitane Divine, and tbh I don't think I will ever change now.

At the end of the summer I looked all of my years, had rosacea breakouts and felt like a complete minger. Within a week of the Divine Cream my face had plumped out and the rosacea has disappeared and not come back. No other change made to routine!

onemouseplace Sun 08-Jan-17 18:53:04

I really like it - I got the night cream as a freebie when I took out a magazine subscription and loved it, so tried the day cream when I was next in the market for a new one - and love it as well.

RosieCockle Mon 09-Jan-17 15:34:25

Have a look at the review on Beautypedia, which studies the ingredients and packaging - basically they say it's not worth the money. Also avoid anything in a jar (open to the elements and whatever's on your fingers). You want a tube or (dark) bottle with a pump

baggypewtertights Mon 09-Jan-17 16:34:59

I used to use Elemis PCMC, and usually paid about £45 to £50 for it, but was a bit skint a couple of years ago, and bought Boots No7 Beautiful Skin instead. Can't say my skin looks or feels any different but it suits my budget better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now