Talk

Advanced search

Another Dyson thread

(20 Posts)
AgathaMystery Fri 06-Jan-17 11:57:09

I'm sorry to start another one but....

.... I've been contemplating this purchase for months & tomorrow will finally have enough JL vouchers to buy one. Only problem is, the only 2 people I know IRL with one have both returned it. sad

One uses a Babylis and the other a GHD hairdryer. Beth thought their old dryers were better. I REALLY want the Dyson but I also really want it to be awesome if that makes sense?

I know it got panned in the Guardian review... but ladies on here seem to love it don't they?

sparklyraindeers Fri 06-Jan-17 12:08:55

I had one for Xmas and have used it 5 times on my hair and 3 times on my DDS.

It's very powerful and yes it does seem to reduce drying time. It's quite light weight and I love the magnetic attachments there super cool.

It's quieter but it's not as quiet as I would of thought. I feel it's like one of those compact dryers you get but super powerful.

I do like it, but at the end of the day it's a hair dryer and does what it says on the tin. Is it worth the £300? I'm not sure I'm not convinced yet.

I would say get it, as JL has a good returns policy if you don't love it you can return it I'm sure (double check tho)

AgathaMystery Fri 06-Jan-17 12:12:35

Thank you! It's the reduced drying time that really appeals to me!

sparklyraindeers Fri 06-Jan-17 12:23:05

My whole styling / drying time has gone from a hour to about 15 mins.

I had keratin put in my hair, my hair was a bastard for drying as it seemed to lock in the wetness if that makes sence my DDS is the same but with that and the Dyson and not having to spend 30 mins plus straightening it is a bonus!

Elizabethtailored Fri 06-Jan-17 14:06:04

I love mine- replaced a parlux. Had to use a friend's hairdryer yesterday and I really noticed how long it took compared to the Dyson. Is so much faster.

knowler Fri 06-Jan-17 17:04:09

I love mine. It's really fast, light and quiet. Ive got straight fine hair and the results with the Dyson are fantastic. The attachments are good too. I'd definitely recommend it mainly for the time it saves me every day.

AgathaMystery Fri 06-Jan-17 17:35:58

Okay I'm going to try it! Just been to the hairdressers & she rates the Parlux or GHD so we'll see how the dyson does.

gonegrey56 Fri 06-Jan-17 17:52:09

I love mine, but I have really difficult hair and need to look groomed for work. I use it without the nozzles, and it dries my hair to perfection in just a few minutes. I have not had a professional blow dry since getting it . Lovely swishy hair all day !

AgathaMystery Sat 07-Jan-17 15:56:48

Dyson all sold out so took a punt on the GHD Aura! I shall report back once I've used it.

Angela0413 Wed 11-Jan-17 14:04:39

Got mine as a surprise Christmas present from DH. He was so pleased with himself. Hate to say it but honestly i don't rate it. Maybe takes couple of mins off drying but not massive difference. I have long thick hair. It's very pretty and lightweight but don't see any difference in my hair from this hairdryer compared to the £40 I had previously been using.

QuimReaper Thu 12-Jan-17 13:43:24

Does this really count as a "Mumsnet Swears By" product? Four good reviews, one "meh" and one on the fence confused

321zerobaby Thu 12-Jan-17 13:47:22

I tried it out at a friends, I didn't like it as the handle wasn't a nice shape, it didn't feel right in my hand and the buttons were all in a strange place, but then i've had a parlux for years so I guess it is going to feel strange. But I didn't like it enough to want to get used to the change.

HappinessLivesHere Thu 12-Jan-17 18:52:02

Definitely reduces drying time and has made a massive difference to the condition of my hair, really soft and manageable now. I highly recommend it.

321zerobaby Thu 12-Jan-17 18:56:07

If all those who like the Dyson could tell us what they were using to dry their hair with before, it could help us with the comparisons. e.g. if I was using a little travel hairdryer then of course the Dyson would seem like magic.

Satishouse Thu 12-Jan-17 19:01:58

I was using either my babyliss big hair or my GHD dryer. It is superior to both of these, it is quicker and removes static from my hair. It makes my hair smoother and shinier

Boygirlmummy Thu 12-Jan-17 19:13:09

I love mine. I have very long very thick and frizzy wavy hair. This more than halves drying time, my hair is unbelievable soft, shiny and smooth and straightening takes no time at all now. It's super quiet, the attachments are great, really I am really very I,roessed and hugely rate it. I have had quite a few compliments since using it. Huge fan!

Some great tuition videos on the Boots website to maximise usage.

Boygirlmummy Thu 12-Jan-17 19:13:47

*impressed

Angela0413 Fri 13-Jan-17 08:11:50

It seems that if you have tricky hair either thin and whispy or very thick/wavy it's good but if you just have normal straight hair you honestly don't need to spend £300 on this hairdryer . I use the GHD ones at my gym and get exact same results and they are around £100 x

missfliss Fri 13-Jan-17 16:35:47

just to add - had a Prarlux (retained as my travel hairdryer) now have dyson.

Dyson amazing. dries my thick hair really quickly and keeps it silky soft.

Lorelei76 Fri 13-Jan-17 16:51:40

I have long thick frizzy hair and my 2200w babyliss is great, cost £30.

I do live in England's warmest flat - yes that is a bonus now - so I did fork out for a Dyson fan, it's excellent but I can't see how a hairdryer can be that advanced, I can blast dry even my hair pretty quick, wash hair daily.

Was offered a trade price parlux but on,y had 6 mo guarantee and was heavy compared to what I have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now