Talk

Advanced search

tips for everyday make up

(4 Posts)
flipflopson5thavenue Fri 06-Jan-17 08:35:29

morning,

just after a few recommendations for some everyday make up - mostly tinted moisturiser/foundation as I don't really wear anything else. Sometimes a bit of lipstick.

I currently use Boots No 7 Beautifully Matte Light foundation and Instant Radiance concealer (for the terrible bags under my eyes...) and Clinique lipstick. It's basically fine, lightens up and makes my skin look a bit more uniform and, well, a bit less like death warmed up...! (my kids are 2yo and 4yo and are VERY early risers and let's just say that I'm approaching 40yo pretty much a husk of the woman I was and looked like 4 years ago.....sad) But recently I find that it makes my chin break out in spots.

So I bought Clinique's moisture surge tinted moisturiser, but I find it a bit greasy and makes my skin sweat...!

so, what's your go-to everyday foundation/make up essentials?

PollyPerky Fri 06-Jan-17 08:59:47

I'm much older than you with my eldest child 30!

I don't go out without full war paint and also use make up daily when at home- working from home- as it feels more business-like.

Dior Star foundation
Bobbi Brown everything else- concealer, blusher, eye pencil, eye shadow, powder, lippie.
Lancome mascara.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 06-Jan-17 09:07:54

Everyday-

No7 primer
Max factor miracle illusion foundation
Revlon eye primer
Lily Lolo powder
Aldi eyeliner ( the best stuff EVER!)
No7 mascara
Max factor lip gloss

Softkitty2 Fri 06-Jan-17 09:17:59

Regular eyebrow threading and tinting-- really does wonders.

A good primer, I prefer an illuminating primer because it gives you that glow-- becca, charlotte tilbury wonderglow, mac strobe creams

A tinted moisturiser/foundation of your choice

Blush

Lips-- lipliner makes lipstick look so much better and put together

Eyebrows? Maybe a brown eyeliner along the upper and lower water line-- to give a subtle smokey eye effect, mascara

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now