Talk

Advanced search

Help me perfume people... at T5 and want to buy my new fiancé some scent

(10 Posts)
Cristiane Thu 05-Jan-17 19:50:39

I went way wrong with Tom ford Grey Vetiver last time... He would suit woody or warm or musky.... any ideas?

jolufc Thu 05-Jan-17 19:53:10

Carolina Herrera - good girl
Victor and rol - flower bomb

jolufc Thu 05-Jan-17 19:53:27

*rolf

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Thu 05-Jan-17 19:54:11

Chanel Allure Sport

Cristiane Thu 05-Jan-17 19:54:38

Are they not for women? I meant my fiancé is a man....

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Thu 05-Jan-17 20:00:20

The Chanel is an aftershave.

user1471545174 Thu 05-Jan-17 20:11:02

Encre Noir - can't remember who makes it.

Cristiane Thu 05-Jan-17 20:11:28

Ooh ok am off to have a sniff

Haffiana Thu 05-Jan-17 20:36:19

I personally don't like sweet, heavy men's scents or ozonic l'eau d'issey type scents, so ignore this if you DO like them...

Terre d'Hermes is lovely with the added bonus that you can swipe a spritz when you feel like it.

Prada Amber pour Homme is the nicest clean soap scent and will never offend anyone ever. I wish more men smelled like this instead of the screechy Hugo Boss that they got given for Christmas because it was on offer in Boots.

Creed Silver Mountain Water - a blackcurranty cologne. Rather delicious and worth a sniff if you have a big budget.

Another one for you to swipe (I would out and out steal it!) - Hermes Eau de Gentiane Blanche. A cool, soft, deep-in-the-earth mineral scent with iris root that is contemplative and unusual.

Woody - Diptyque Tam Dao. Not as good now as when it was first released, but a lovely, deep, dry wood scent.

My husband wears Mitsouko occasionally. It smells better on him than on me.

Cristiane Thu 05-Jan-17 20:40:49

Oh heavens Haffiana what a list! You describe things beautifully! Dying to try Hermes Gentian Blanche

I went for the Encre Noir in the end as it was not too intense. I am going to save your suggestions for next time though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now