Talk

Advanced search

Skirt hits top of knees - frumpy or ok?

(9 Posts)
Jointhejoyrun75 Thu 05-Jan-17 12:35:57

See pic. I can't decide whether to exchange it for a petite length or keep it as it is. I'm 5 ft 3.

taybert Thu 05-Jan-17 13:10:53

What was your first thought when you tried it on? I find if I think something isn't quite right at first, it doesn't matter what anyone else says, that's what I always think. I've kept things before when I've had a "niggle" about them and I either don't wear them or I don't like them when I do.

Jointhejoyrun75 Thu 05-Jan-17 13:18:41

It fits well and looks ok I think!

HoHumming Thu 05-Jan-17 13:30:55

Agree with Tay. A friend of mine (who is very stylish) told me before if you second guess AT ALL about a clothing of item, don't buy it. But that is easy for her, she has a decent figure and is tall and has a certain stature. Not so easy for me an overweight size 12 and 5ft 2! Go with your initial instincts though because for the most part, they won't change unless your mindset itself changes.

BusterGonad Thu 05-Jan-17 16:42:15

Go shorter, it's obviously worrying you.

DirtyBlonde Thu 05-Jan-17 16:45:05

How narrow is it on you?

I think that the narrower the skirt the better in looks if the hem is in the region just above the knees.

If it's as wide on as it looks on the hanger, then agree with pp and suggest you go shorter.

chemicalCat Thu 05-Jan-17 16:54:39

I'm 5'4" and will often buy the petite version of a skirt for this exact reason. Go with your gut.

CHJR Wed 11-Jan-17 08:24:09

Never wear a skirt wider than it is long. Skirt at knee = normal.

Jointhejoyrun75 Wed 11-Jan-17 09:39:53

Thanks. I've kept the skirt for now, but will try it on again and check the width vs length! That's useful to know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now