Talk

Advanced search

Best leggings

(18 Posts)
MindfulBear Wed 04-Jan-17 23:52:00

Where online can I find some great leggings?

Robust type for a mum with a mum tum who will be scragging about with the kids on the floor, Doing the school run, donning wellies for the allotment or popping to the gym for swimming lessons etc

chemicalCat Thu 05-Jan-17 08:46:23

I recommend H&M "heavy leggings" if you want something opaque that can take a bit of punishment. Oddly for H&M the sizes are fairly generous.

MindfulBear Sat 07-Jan-17 19:49:30

Thx. Will look those up

chanie44 Sun 08-Jan-17 10:52:54

The lovely S&B ladies recommended the Sainsburys leggings - not the ones that come in packs of 2 for £10. These ones are £10 for 1. They are nice thick material and mine still look new (admittedly, I don't wear them often, but I've worn them loads).

Sainsburys have frequent 25% off events, so you can get them for £7.50. I think the next 25% off will be in Feb half term.

MrsDoylesTeabags Sun 08-Jan-17 10:56:08

I like the lined ones from Primark. They wash well and keep their shape and are lovely and warm for winter walks

SmartyPants0 Sun 08-Jan-17 11:13:35

I was about to say the same thing Mrs Doyle. smile The primark fleece lined leggings are the best. I tend to wear them from November through to April... May to September I tend to wear Next leggings... the ones with a wide waistband.

immaturecheddar Sun 08-Jan-17 11:14:25

M&S. Best leggings I've ever bought. They have a thicker / wider waistband to hold everything in. They don't go baggy and, most importantly, are thick enough that the world can't see your knickers. They come in loads of colours and lengths.

AFierceBadRabbit Sun 08-Jan-17 12:08:33

Just got these this week from topshop, they're ponte leggings with a thick fabric and great seams.
True to size or maybe just a touch bigger than usual.
I am 5'4 and they are absolutely long, cover all the ankle.

www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/sporty-heavier-weight-legging-4957609?bi=0&ps=20&Ntt=ponte%20leggings

JustSpeakSense Sun 08-Jan-17 12:10:33

Next leggings are great, with a comfortable wide waistband and they are really thick (so no knickers showing through like the primark ones!)

MumUndone Sun 08-Jan-17 13:50:50

Dorothy Perkins are the best for me; comfy and good length.

CakeNinja Sun 08-Jan-17 17:04:12

After years of intensive testing, I stay firm with asos now. I think they're a tenner a pair, the tall ones are perfect for me. H&M also very good andndont wriggle down or bunch up.
Both are thick and not see through although I obviously don't wear them as trousers!

TSSDNCOP Sun 08-Jan-17 18:07:41

Try Uniqlo's jeggings. Miles and miles better than leggings.

MindfulBear Thu 12-Jan-17 00:37:42

Can anyone send me a link to the H&M heavy leggings? I can't find them online but not sure if I'm being dim or They are out of stock!

CakeNinja Thu 12-Jan-17 07:05:15

m2.hm.com/m/en_gb/search-results.genericdevice.html?q=Leggings&offset=0&page-size=40

Not sure if this works, but if so, I bought the first ones, cheap as chips at £6 a pair!

MindfulBear Sun 15-Jan-17 23:23:38

Thx for the tips guys. Found myself in town today so popped into H&M. Bought some heavy leggings and 2 pairs of skinny high waisted stretch jeans. Think they will do what j need them to do (replace my maternity wardrobe with functional clothing for messing about with kids and wearing boots!!)

Titsywoo Sun 15-Jan-17 23:27:15

Mint Velvet. They cost £15 a pair but are amazing.

madmomma Mon 16-Jan-17 15:00:48

Baukjen are amazing. Expensive but last years

user1471583707 Mon 16-Jan-17 16:43:14

Another vote for the Sainsbury's ones they are nice and high waisted too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now