Talk

Advanced search

Naturally curly hair hairdresser in North West?

(10 Posts)
Acornantics Wed 04-Jan-17 21:50:52

I'm looking for a hairdresser who's experienced in cutting naturally curly hair; does anyone know of one in the north west? Thanks!

LakeFlyPie Wed 04-Jan-17 22:45:59

I live in Manchester and travel to Spring in Birmingham.
Sorry, doesn't really answer your question but it's worth the journey IMHO

ZaraW Thu 05-Jan-17 08:22:05

Vicky from The Hepburn Hair Project on Oxford Road, Manchester is good. I have a friend who recommends her.

Acornantics Thu 05-Jan-17 16:31:29

I've been looking at a place in London, so Birmingham or Manchester are definitely do-able! I saw the Oxford Road place recommended on a website but wasn't sure if it was up to date. Thanks for your help!

JennyOnAPlate Thu 05-Jan-17 16:36:42

I go to spring in Birmingham too...they're excellent and really know their stuff.

ZaraW Thu 05-Jan-17 16:51:06

I'm working overseas at the moment but I go to Spring in Birmingham when I'm home Matt is really excellent and always makes my hair look fab.

Acornantics Fri 06-Jan-17 16:40:03

I'm thinking I need to join the Spring collective...thanks all, a trip to Birmingham is in order.

DaisyBD Fri 06-Jan-17 17:09:21

what's the one in london Acorn? I've been toying with the idea of finding a haircutter who knows what they're dong with curly hair. My hair had totally lost its mojo and was flat and sad but I've been doing the curly girl method for a few months and it's sprung back to life amazingly. I haven't had it cut for months and it's getting a bit ragged and frizzy around the ends and I'd like it cut properly for once. Anyway, let us know how you get on! I never tire of seeing pics of boingy curly hair.

TheMortificadosDragon Fri 06-Jan-17 17:38:39

Could I ask if anyone has a recommendation a bit further North, nearer preston/Lancaster please? I think my DD could do with a proper cut at some point before uni later this year, but as mine is the sort of dead straight which requires little more than having the ends trimmed competently, I'm clueless about her curls. I can't imagine persuading her to go to Manchester let alone Birmingham!

Newbrummie Fri 06-Jan-17 18:16:58

I had a dreadful experience at spring. Looked like I'd had an old lady perm. Truely horrible. DS couldn't keep a straight face

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now