Talk

Advanced search

Godmother at winter christening...help!

(4 Posts)
Ironmanrocks Wed 04-Jan-17 20:29:52

What do people wear to christenings these days? I'm normally jeans/jumper/boots or pumps kind of girl and I'm a bit stuck...I do like dresses so was imagining a shortish dress, maybe Japanesey style or slightly hippy. I'm a teensy bit overweight, small boobs, biggish hips around 5.5ft and dark haired and just over 40! So can anyone give me ideas of brands to try? Budget around £50...more if I find something amazing. I don't want to be too flash as that's not me....please help! Thank you!

Liiinoo Wed 04-Jan-17 21:35:17

A nice day dress with boots or pumps would be fine but bear in mind it will be in a church so nothing too short or revealing - on grounds of both modesty and warmth as most churches seem to be freezing cold. Although now I come to think of it, that might be to encourage people to cover up!

Ironmanrocks Thu 05-Jan-17 12:05:45

hmm thanks, I hadn't thought about a dress being too short....ill wear tights though as it will def be cold. Its also Catholic so don't want to be frowned upon! Have you any ideas of reliable brands?

Liiinoo Thu 05-Jan-17 13:30:18

I am sure a shortish dress with opaque tights and flats would be fine. I like Phase Eight but that might be a bit elderly for you, East does some nice hippy type prints.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now