Talk

Advanced search

backless/stick on bras?

(15 Posts)
Bleurghghghgh Wed 04-Jan-17 18:57:05

I'm going to a party at the end of the month and can't really afford a new dress so thought I'd wear one I bought ages ago but have never worn. Here: https://m.missselfridge.com/en/msuk/product/plisse-v-neck-maxi-dress-2668436 in black

Only problem is bra issues... the shape means I cannot not wear one as it looks like sag city. I've had those extender things that make the back lower in the past but I'm not sure one would go low enough?

I'm also considering one of those stick on ones (can probably budget a primary one only having looked at others) but would be a) worried it'd stay on and b) give enough support cleavage to not make the dress look like I have dogs ears for boobs

Any advice very much appreciated!

Bleurghghghgh Wed 04-Jan-17 18:57:26

Primark not primary

Watto1 Wed 04-Jan-17 19:00:21

I wore a stick-on bra for a wedding once. It was great when I put it on. However, it was a scorching hot day and I had sweated it off by mid afternoon blush!

Bleurghghghgh Wed 04-Jan-17 19:04:21

Hmm okay watto, do you think I'd be ok with a bit of dancing in January weather?

Bleurghghghgh Wed 04-Jan-17 19:20:12

Here are two photos to show what I mean, first without bra second with

Bleurghghghgh Wed 04-Jan-17 19:20:42

The pleats just seem to turn my boobs into absolutely nothing brakes!

Bleurghghghgh Wed 04-Jan-17 19:21:00

Braless blush

Tinks15 Wed 04-Jan-17 19:25:09

I got one from John Lewis a few weeks back i was pretty impressed to be honest.

JasperPotato Wed 04-Jan-17 19:37:11

I had a similar problem with my wedding dress that had an illusion back. No bra worked, and the stick on ones are either useless or only good for 4 hours.

I bought some ROK sports tape, covered my nipples with cotton pads and taped my girls up. I leaned forward a bit, ran a strip of tape from left to right just under my boobs, then another slightly higher, then another slightly higher again. They stayed perky all day and the tape came off without too much drama. Highly recommend!

GruochMacAlpin Wed 04-Jan-17 19:43:36

I've used one and it was great.

However it did take about five minutes for the stick to take. I popped another bra on top while it was bonding and then put my dress on.

It withstood some pretty vigorous Hogmanay ceilidh dancing.

Bleurghghghgh Wed 04-Jan-17 20:03:46

Grouch what brand was yours?

emcero1 Wed 04-Jan-17 20:16:09

Honestly this is the best one I've found -I'm a C, and thus stays stuck and keeps them where they should be. It's honestly been so much better than the more expensive ones I've purchased.

I've repurchased over the years as I wear a lot of backless clothes and no stick on bra lasts forever. I've never been disappointed with this one!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0079436J2/ref=cmsww_rcpp_api_gEvBybEBFCTRQ

Bleurghghghgh Wed 04-Jan-17 22:57:11

I'm spending Christmas cash so need something in sure, unfortunately sad

Bleurghghghgh Wed 04-Jan-17 23:16:37

Store*

My autocorrect is on overdrive today

Bleurghghghgh Thu 05-Jan-17 09:09:56

Bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now