Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Need help, RE: Shoes!!

(6 Posts)
jofeb04 Wed 21-Feb-07 13:04:07

I've got a wedding to go to next saturday, and have got a black "floaty" type skirt to where, that is at a slight angle at the bottom. Got a top (I think), but not sure on what shoes to where.
Basically, I haven't worn heals for almost two years, and still find them difficult to walk in etc.
So, do I wear a sandal type shoe with a heal or without, or knee-length boots (again, with or without a heal).
The wedding starts at 12 noon, so I know it is going to be a long day and night.

BTW, I can't wear stupidly high heel shoes due to SPD and the angle my body is at etc.

If any of you know of where I can buy something, please let me know.
I'm desperate!!

poptot Wed 21-Feb-07 13:12:33

You could wear boots or ballet pumps heels sound like a nightmare for you and you don't want to be miserable.

Lucycat Wed 21-Feb-07 16:13:52

lol must read more carefully - thought you wanted shoes appropriate for teaching RE in..... was going to suggest brogues.

Coukld you wear boots for the day and swap to a pair of ballet type shoes for the evening?

jofeb04 Wed 21-Feb-07 16:20:24

Thanks for that.
I was thinking about boots for the day and ballet type shoes for the evening, but as I'm short (only 5ft3) I wanted to look taller!!

LimbodancerDAVE Wed 21-Feb-07 16:22:00

What about kitten heels - could you wear them?

Half the time at a wedding after a few drinks I kick my shoes off and just dance in my bare feet.

I would go to somewhere like John Lewis that has a good selection of a lot of different makes of shoes and try them all on for comfort.

LimbodancerDAVE Wed 21-Feb-07 16:25:10

Perhaps something like this

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: