Talk

Advanced search

Hair help

(5 Posts)
kel12345 Wed 04-Jan-17 18:21:54

Any advice welcome.
I have naturally curly hair, very curly and it goes incredibly dry and frizzy, especially after it's been washed and dried.
I've tried what seems like every brand of straightening/ smoothing shampoo and conditioner out there. I've tried sprays, serums, hot oil, leave in overnight deep conditioner to try and reduce the frizz, but nothing seems I work that well.
I swear by my GHD's, but I'd love to find a particular brand of shampoo and conditioner that actually works to reduce frizzy hair.
I did have it permanently straightened when I was younger, which worked really well until it grew out. Then I had blonde highlights, and then went completely bleached blonde (I'm a natural brunette), so I couldn't have it done again I was told. I'm now completely back to my natural colour (I let the blonde grow out naturally), and when money allows I would like to get it straightened again. But until then I'll be happy to find something that works. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

IpDipCatnip Wed 04-Jan-17 22:53:27

I've just had the kerasilk smoothing treatment. It doesn't promise to straighten but control frizz. I will let you know the results In time..... However does cost £££ for up to 5 month promise.

Others will recommend the Curly Girl approach but that would not suit my hair type (thick, frizzy, curly in parts, wavy in others and straight in places). Maybe it would yours?

selavy Wed 04-Jan-17 22:58:16

My hair is super super frizzy and I swear John Frieda flawlessly straight shampoo and conditioner and this spray before I blow dry my hair www.boots.com/en/John-Frieda-Frizz-Ease-3-Day-Straight-Semi-Permanent-Styling-Spray-with-Keratin-100ml_1162699/
Not that expensive either so worth a try - I started using it a few years ago and have never looked back wink

selavy Wed 04-Jan-17 22:58:47

**swear by

kel12345 Thu 05-Jan-17 00:18:28

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now