Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me find a cleanser?

(15 Posts)
flirtygertiefromnumber30 Wed 04-Jan-17 14:49:33

I am looking for a new cleanser to use at night to remove make up. For a while I hot cloth cleansed my skin with an oil based cleanser but it gave me a very itchy dermatitis-like rash all around both eyes. Currently I am using Garnier oil-infused micellar water but I don't feel like it's getting all my make up off or leaving my skin fully clean. Could anyone recommend anything effective? My skin is oily/sensitive, not really prone to spots except the occasional hormonal one. Is there an alternative to HCC which is as effective? My skin did feel really cleansed when I was doing it. Thanks!

bingohandjob Wed 04-Jan-17 15:52:37

Ren stuff is gentle and calming - this might suit you www.allbeauty.com/1094832-ren-clean-skincare-face-rosa-centifolia-3-in-1-cleansing-water-200ml

KittyOShea Wed 04-Jan-17 16:00:45

I love Dermologica Pre-Cleanse- removes every trace of make up. I do follow up with a face wash as well.

giddyasakipper Wed 04-Jan-17 16:39:06

I'm a big fan of Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser!

www.kiehls.co.uk/skin-care/category/cleansers-and-scrubs/ultra-facial-cleanser/714.html

flirtygertiefromnumber30 Wed 04-Jan-17 21:56:00

Ooh, these all sound good, thank you! Think I might try the Kiehl's first...

Pistachiois50pmore Wed 04-Jan-17 21:58:53

Did your old cleanser have mineral oil in? The Emma Hardie cleansing balm doesn't and is brilliant.

memyselfandaye Wed 04-Jan-17 22:00:46

I love Elemis Pro Collagen cleansing balm.

NicknameUsed Wed 04-Jan-17 22:03:56

The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter is often recommended on here and is brilliant, and fully justifies its five star ratings.

Orangebird69 Wed 04-Jan-17 22:26:58

I second the EH and TBS camomile as already mentioned. Also, Superdrug Naturally Radiant hcc is fab and a bargain! Clinique TTDO balm is lovely also.

NicknameUsed Wed 04-Jan-17 22:32:48

Yes to the Superdrug Naturally Radiant as well.

mamalovebird Wed 04-Jan-17 22:37:50

Faith in Nature facial wash. It's more like a lotion you put on then wash off. I have combination skin and it sorts it all out. Followed by FIN moisturiser.

wonderwoo Wed 04-Jan-17 22:43:43

Another vote for the super drug hcc. I too have oily, sensitive skin and was recommended it on here. It's really cheap, and doesn't irritate my skin.

wonderwoo Wed 04-Jan-17 22:44:38

Ps it's on offer at the moment online, and you get free delivery if you have their loyalty card.

ImGoingForATwix Wed 04-Jan-17 22:46:07

Body shop camomile cleansing oil (or the camomile balm if you have drier skin) is amazing. Rub it on and hot cloth it off.

onthelevel Wed 04-Jan-17 22:46:49

Clinique TTDO balm and a muslin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now