Talk

Advanced search

Judge my skin and recommend stuff please?

(39 Posts)
surjomukhi Tue 03-Jan-17 22:09:04

Okay - picture attached in night light by my bed just as I am off to sleep.

I don't own make up but am contemplating dipping my toes into it.

Indian skin as you see.

No obvious problems - it's just skin. My first question is can you spot anything I could work on or any signs of aging that I cannot notice but could do with some TLC?

My current regimen is -

Morning - sanctuary spa hot cloth cleanser + cold water + sanctuary spa moisturising

Evening- sanctuary spa hot cloth cleanser + cold water + sanctuary spa overnight facial oil

Anything else I need to do? I am absolutely clueless about these things and am planning to start buying make up but that's a whole different thread I suppose

surjomukhi Tue 03-Jan-17 22:09:33

Hah picture below sorry looks scary

surjomukhi Tue 03-Jan-17 22:10:22

Oh and also please guess age?!?

KonMarieMyCrapAway Tue 03-Jan-17 22:14:32

That's a seriously terrifying photo!

surjomukhi Tue 03-Jan-17 22:19:40

Epic fail with editing! It's the doodle function on face--bloody--book sad

SilentlyScreamingAgain Tue 03-Jan-17 22:22:36

That looks like a photo a kidnapper would send with the ransom demand. I can't see your skin, you need something closer and in better light.

bornagainchristmastree Tue 03-Jan-17 22:31:49

That pictures going to give me nightmares. No a great edit op.

BBQueen Tue 03-Jan-17 22:34:06

Your photo is hilarious! Nothing useful to add in the line of skincare recommendations, I'm afraid don't know why I clicked this thread but so please I did!

0dfod Tue 03-Jan-17 22:37:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lorelairoryemily Tue 03-Jan-17 22:45:39

First thing that came to mind was a balaclava! That's such a funny/scary pic, I'm actually in bed giggling away trying now to wake Dh and dsgringrin

lorelairoryemily Tue 03-Jan-17 22:45:54

Trying not to!!!

LizzieMacQueen Tue 03-Jan-17 22:48:03

Do you have dry patches on your face when you wake up?

flissfloss65 Tue 03-Jan-17 22:50:39

Sorry but that photo is so funny.

CaraAspen Wed 04-Jan-17 01:42:18

Lol.

LeadPipe Wed 04-Jan-17 01:57:17

That photo though.

Now I may really not sleep.

If you're open to make up, may I recommend starting with a nice eyeshadow, to brighten your eyes, and a bold lipstick? Would really perk you up stop you looking possessed by a demon ;)

AMillionMilesFromThere Wed 04-Jan-17 02:12:47

What the actual

UnderbeneathsiesTheMistletoe Wed 04-Jan-17 02:39:36

Well whatever about your skin, there's something in both your eyes and your lipstick could be lighter.

Seriously, try taking a snap in sunlight, if you can leave the basement, and won't be in danger of the locals with pick axes... joke!

Really seriously, why not describe your skin? It looks fine to me.

CondensedMilkSarnies Wed 04-Jan-17 02:45:16

I was just going to say that you seem to be a bit heavy handed with the eyeliner grin

Not a great pic but you seem to be blemish free and no wrinkles .

BusterGonad Wed 04-Jan-17 10:50:42

Maybe some black thick eyeshadow and black lipstick! Suits you sir!

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 04-Jan-17 10:54:11

It's pretty hard to tell as you know however going by what I can see you are one of those annoying people I hate cos you have lovely clear skin and don't look permanently like our have been punched in the face.

<stomps >

poppym12 Wed 04-Jan-17 12:05:40

Maybe a concealer to disguise the dark bits shock

5000candlesinthewind Wed 04-Jan-17 12:09:33

Oh god op that has made me howl! grin

I agree about taking a photo in daylight. The nip + fab skincare range is good. I use the extreme pads twice a week and have noticed a big difference in my skin tone and pores. You can never go wrong with a good moisturiser too. The simple range is good, they also do them with spf in.

CouldHaveNotCouldOf Wed 04-Jan-17 13:29:33

Oh my god that photo and the comments are hilarious, my kids just asked me what I was laughing at and I couldn't even speak. Thanks OP, you've really brightened my day grin

surjomukhi Wed 04-Jan-17 14:33:33

You have all given me much needed laughs!!!!

Yes PP who said no wrinkles blemishes etc - none of those but that's also why I can't ever figure out what exactly I need to do to take care of my skin as I feel I need to do something!!

No age guesses of my horrific face yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now