Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of these?

(37 Posts)
Mrsmaudwatts Tue 03-Jan-17 20:43:55

To wear with black coated skinny jeans for a night out... Lusted after them for ages, finally found them in my size and now I have them, I'm not sure. They're very different to all my other shoes I guess.... Anyway, thoughts?!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mint+velvet+cat+wedge&client=ms-android-motorola&prmd=sinv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWx5T_6qbRAhXGHxoKHUQzAVwQ_AUICCgC&biw=360&bih=512#imgrc=dGk9UZS8R9-bWM%3A

Mrsmaudwatts Tue 03-Jan-17 20:44:33

www.google.co.uk/search?q=mint+velvet+cat+wedge&client=ms-android-motorola&prmd=sinv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWx5T_6qbRAhXGHxoKHUQzAVwQ_AUICCgC&biw=360&bih=512#imgrc=dGk9UZS8R9-bWM%3A

Mrsmaudwatts Tue 03-Jan-17 22:23:08

Anyone?

SilentlyScreamingAgain Tue 03-Jan-17 22:24:50

I don't think that you're allowed to wear wedges in front of the style and beauty massive. For what it's worth, I think they look nice and comfortable.

Fuzzypeggy Tue 03-Jan-17 22:26:04

I wouldn't personally buy them as they're not quite my style but I think they're nice and would look good as you describe. They're a bit different and that's sometimes a very good thing.

Mrsmaudwatts Tue 03-Jan-17 22:30:43

Silently - comfortable?! Christ, that's not the look I was aiming for!

Are wedges frowned upon then?!

Fuzzy - thanks. They are kind of different....

kel12345 Tue 03-Jan-17 22:32:48

I can't see the link for some reason.
I've got a pair of real suede wedges from river island that I love. I'm not a heels person and I find them much easier to walk in than any stilettos I've ever worn.

Mrsmaudwatts Tue 03-Jan-17 22:34:07

I think they're called cat wedge, mint velvet.

aintnobodygottimefodat Tue 03-Jan-17 23:20:25

I like them smile stylish and actually a little bit sexy imo!

HoHumming Wed 04-Jan-17 02:28:51

I personally wouldn't buy them but I think they look more comfortable than a pair of high heels. I like the ankle strap.

If they make you happy, then wear and enjoy them.

SinglePringle Wed 04-Jan-17 02:33:16

I think they are a bit orthopaedic looking.

BusterGonad Wed 04-Jan-17 10:53:54

I can't see them, link didn't do anything. Can you screen shot a pic?

SausageSoda Wed 04-Jan-17 11:16:22

I'm not sure. The style of the front of the shoe doesn't seem to match the style of the back of the shoe/wedge heel. They do look comfy for a night out though.

imjessie Wed 04-Jan-17 12:52:21

I can't make the link work.. I wear leopard ankle boots with my coated jeans . If you like them then keep them smile

Mrsmaudwatts Wed 04-Jan-17 18:35:10

Trying g to attach a pic

Mrsmaudwatts Wed 04-Jan-17 18:36:16

Wow! It worked! Although I think there have been far too many mentions of the word "comfortable" for my liking!

Buttwing Wed 04-Jan-17 18:41:02

Not for me sorry, but then I hate wedges think they are a bit dated,
But if you love them go for it.

Loyly Wed 04-Jan-17 18:43:15

I really dislike them, sorry.

BunnyDog Wed 04-Jan-17 19:09:39

They seem to be not one thing or another. Lots of different styles going on here, I am honestly not sure. Its one of those styles that either suits who you are or it doesn't. I like lower wedges but higher wedges I find are better on sandals. They may look better with a skirt/dress otherwise the ankle strap may be lost? They will be ok for walking though, not like proper high heels that make you want to give up and lay on the ground.

Mrsmaudwatts Wed 04-Jan-17 20:56:13

Well the brief was-kind of cage type shoes but with an enclosed toe. Sort of rock chick sexy shoes (pmsl at that description and me) but these clearly say nothing of the sort. Can anyone help me find something to fit the bill?!

TwoCirclesthatdontoverlap Wed 04-Jan-17 20:58:53

I like them. I like mint velvet boots and shoes a lot. They look uncomfortable to me though. I would buy them and wear them though if I weren't walking!
I know exactly what you're looking for OP. I trawled new look a while ago and they are all open toe. So annoying.

Mrsmaudwatts Wed 04-Jan-17 22:16:15

They actually are comfortable but I don't think they're quite right. I know in my head exactly what the perfect pair are! If I find some, I'll let you know Two

dudsville Wed 04-Jan-17 22:18:59

I think with anything if you aren't sure why push it? Wait until you find something that ticks all the boxes and you know you like?

EmmaC78 Wed 04-Jan-17 22:22:09

I am not keen either. I like a wedge heel but not the style of the straps.

noeuf Wed 04-Jan-17 22:30:46

They are so horrible, sorry op. So so horrible. Please don't buy them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now