Talk

Advanced search

Suggest a perfect red lipstick?

(10 Posts)
sergeantmajor Tue 03-Jan-17 18:55:20

I am looking for a classic red lipstick. I have pale skin and want a true pillar box red, but not too garish, more a deep red, if that makes sense. What are the go-to brands and colours?

Sparkesx Tue 03-Jan-17 18:56:18

MAC Russian Red? It isn't pilar box more a deep red but is beautiful!

SillyOldUncleFeedle Tue 03-Jan-17 19:30:43

I've recently bought Mac Red Rock. I love it. It's a classic matte red but not really drying like Ruby Wood.

niminypiminy Tue 03-Jan-17 19:44:26

Revlon Really Red is very good and also cheap. Also matte but not too matte. I'd call it dark pillar-box red.

The one I'd love to try is Lipstick Wueen Velvet Rope in dark red (can't remember the colour name). Someone gave me the night pink one and though I don't like the colour st all the quality of the lipstick is fantastic - perfect, long-lasting, non-drying matte lipstick. Also beautiful packaging. But ££££ (sob).

niminypiminy Tue 03-Jan-17 19:45:09

Lipstick Queen, I mean!

TheWorstNoel Tue 03-Jan-17 19:45:09

Funnily enough, I've got a couple of lipsticks from Joan Collins' range and the reds particularly (Helene and Crystal) are rather fabulous. They go on smoothly, last for ages without being drying, the gold tubes are superglam, and they're all called after either Roles Joan has played, or Famous Actresses Joan Used To Know Darling. You can get them at the big M&S stores with beauty departments.

Other than those, I like Lipstick Queen Velvet Rope/ Brat Pack even though it's ridiculously priced and the late lamented Soap & Glory/ ManTrap.

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 03-Jan-17 19:59:34

Guerlain Rouge G in Garconne
Charlotte Tilbury Red Carpet
Burberry Military Red

I love MAC Russian Red but think it is too deep to be a classic red.

Mrspotatohead18 Tue 03-Jan-17 20:03:52

Maybelline siren in scarlet. I always get complimented. It's so much better than any MAC I have bought. It is matte though (which I prefer) and costs about £8. Not drying or chalky at all

Glamorousglitter Tue 03-Jan-17 20:33:55

After many many trials, I have found a few reds for different occasions and seasons but the one that transcends seasons and suits my colouring no matter what is YsL classic red.

DameDoom Tue 03-Jan-17 21:45:39

Hourglass Icon is amazing - bought it last week and have had loads of complements from complete strangers. Brings my aging face to life. Am thrilled I can wear red lips at 45.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now