Talk

Advanced search

Pleated skirt

(5 Posts)
neveradullmoment99 Tue 03-Jan-17 14:22:08

I really love the look of a pleated skirt but is it true that the top needs to be tucked in? I have a bit of a mum tum and am not a tuck in type of person. If you wear a pleated skirt, do you tuck your top in or do you wear a shortish top and would that work?

neveradullmoment99 Tue 03-Jan-17 14:23:04

I say this because when i look on pinterest, everyone seems to tuck their top in but not sure i would suit that. Do you need a washboard stomach???

Swimminguphill Tue 03-Jan-17 14:27:55

IME pleated skirts only suit people with no hips who are also tall and thin in general. Shoot me down for saying it! I have seen them styled by The Frugality (great blog and Insta) with chunky jumpers but she has the most amazing figure and can carry off pretty much anything.

I look like I'm ready to help out at the WI cake sale in a pleated skirt (no offence WI-ers!). I look good, and less than 100 years old in other things though...

Newbrummie Tue 03-Jan-17 14:58:06

You can get rid of that tum by ditching bread .... Honestly changed my life

Bluntness100 Tue 03-Jan-17 15:00:42

Skirts that are pleated round the middle/waist are notoriously hard to pull off because they make your tummy look bigger. I also agree only the tall and slim can really rock it, everyone else looks a little dumpy. If you do have a tummy then don't tuck in, it will just add even more bulk round your middle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now