Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed from the flat of arse, please!

(6 Posts)
PhflatArseSociety Tue 03-Jan-17 10:48:23

Since having my last baby, my arse has GONE.

I don't really care except........my knickers won't stay up! blush

I have a brand new pair of Primark leggings on today and they won't stay up either! blush

I'm obvs still apple shaped since the birth, so now jeans look ridiculous - anything that fits me on the waist has all this empty air around my arse. I have the waist/bum ratio of an old man!

Can anyone recommend any styles to accommodate or hide it?

Bluntness100 Tue 03-Jan-17 10:54:21

If they are not staying up they are either too big or too small, it's nothing to do with the shape of your arse.

So for example, leggings and knickers, if they fit properly they stay up, due to the stretch. So they are now the wrong size. Too small and they basically roll down, too big and they slip off.

Jeans are a different story though as they have less "give "in them, all I can suggest there is maternity jeans, which give more round the tummy but still fit round the arse and thighs.

PhflatArseSociety Tue 03-Jan-17 11:01:32

With the leggings they're my pre baby size which I thought I was quite brave in buying!

Course be possible to literally go down a size just cos your arse disappears?!

Swimminguphill Tue 03-Jan-17 11:19:38

Ok, I'm not sure if you're going to like this - but I had a similar sitch following birth of DC2. Bi-stretch jeans are best as they mould to your figure better but the main thing is you need to do some exercises to build up your bum a bit. I had to as well, not just to make clothes stay up/look good but also because it's actually really bad for your knees/back/posture in general to have a weak bum. So I had to do:
- the oyster leg thingy you do in pilates - youtube it if you don't know what that is
- pelvic tilts and raises when you lie on your back and lift your bum in the air with your feet on the ground
- standing up straight and raising your back leg behind you as high as you can and lowering - on repeat
- lunges
- squats
those last two don't primarily work your glutes but I found they made a big difference in my overall strength and my bum is now much more prominent and my jeans stay up!

Newbrummie Tue 03-Jan-17 13:05:50

Totally agree I almost vanished after having kids close together, no tits, no Arse, straight up and down and not much in the middle. This is not good you aren't looking after yourself basically.

Freeurmind Tue 03-Jan-17 13:07:51

I would suggest squats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now