Talk

Advanced search

Anyone help me re skin care ?

(8 Posts)
DoubleGin Tue 03-Jan-17 07:34:57

Hello,
I've never really done anything with my skin (baby wipes and make up, I know blush) but I'm starting to notice changes in it and probably need to start looking after it.
Could anyone point me in the right direction of what I should be doing and using ?

DoubleGin Tue 03-Jan-17 08:29:40

Anyone ?

LegoCaltrops Tue 03-Jan-17 08:31:07

There's a fab thread, hang on...

LegoCaltrops Tue 03-Jan-17 08:35:07

Here it is. My previously somewhat spotty, patchy, irritated face has calmed down & smoothed out wonderfully since changing my routine as per recommendations from this thread & its predecessors.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2805331-Even-More-Fantastic-Skincare-And-Where-To-Find-It

qazxc Tue 03-Jan-17 08:35:09

Nothing to add really, I'm in the same position as you and rather bewildered by all the stuff out there.
I have started with cleansing with a foaming wash cleanser and moisturizer morning and evening, they are the only type that I feel actually clean everything. And exfoliate twice a week.

SweetPeaPods Tue 03-Jan-17 09:11:13

Lego thanks for pointing out that thread I'll have a read also.
Really need to make some changes my skin is dreadful ATM.

wheelwithinawheel Tue 03-Jan-17 09:38:11

I was exactly the same until a couple of weeks ago! Never took off make up at night blushjust washed face and moisturised with Nivea. I had a look at some skincare threads and have started using simple face wash day and night, nip and fab glycolic cleansing pads and I've been using bio oil as a moisturiser at night. coupled with drinking more water, a weekly home-made mask with milk and honey my skin is looking better than it ever has! I'm amazed! Also have invested in better foundation.

qazxc Tue 03-Jan-17 12:28:15

I've invested in some skincare in the sales.
Nip and fab glycolic cleanser, that I use daily
Clarins multi active moisturizer
Nip and fab glycolic night time pads ( 2-3times a week)
Nip and fab scrub ( couple of times a week)
Nivea or clarins night cream.
I can feel a difference in the feel of my skin, and think it looks less congested. Hoping I will work on my large pores.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now