Talk

Advanced search

Sensationail

(15 Posts)
Irritatedmama Mon 02-Jan-17 20:36:03

Is it worth me investing in this?

My nails are constantly breaking at odd angles and look a mess. I'm trying to look more groomed and thought gel nails might help. I always feel a bit more "done" when my nails are painted but I've two small children so normal polish chips within a day.

I was originally looking into shellac when I came across Sensationail. It looks and sounds good but is it really? I do an ok job with nail polish but often it's a bit splodgy around the edges. Is there any margin for error with home gel nails?

healthyheart Mon 02-Jan-17 20:41:28

I use it and think it's fab! For me it lasts around ten to fourteen days and you can touch it up easily at home if needed. Look out for their special offers! And they are now doing the faster lamp so you may find the old style lamps on eBay I guess.

Irritatedmama Mon 02-Jan-17 21:04:03

Do you find it easy to use?

healthyheart Mon 02-Jan-17 21:15:07

Yes it does not look as good as a professional job but I'm pleased with it, loads cheaper, handy, can do it to fit in at home, listening to the radio etc, result shiny gel long lasting nails.

Irritatedmama Mon 02-Jan-17 21:21:30

It sounds like something I should get then.
I love having polished nails but have very little time to do it. If it last two weeks that would be ideal!

TeaAndBisquits Mon 02-Jan-17 21:22:07

I love my sensationail kit!
The more you do it, the neater I find it gets!
I've had mine a year now and I still rate it highly.

dontpokethebear Mon 02-Jan-17 21:40:22

I've had my sensationail for 2 years (DH bought it for me for a Christmas present).

I thought it was amazing until I discovered bluesky and elite 99 gel polishes on Amazon. They seem to be a lot harder wearing and yet easier to remove than sensationail polishes. And at around £5 are 1/3 - 1/2 the price.

I'd say if sensationail is on offer, it would be worth investing in, just to get the basics.

Irritatedmama Tue 03-Jan-17 15:48:27

I'm quite excited now!
Do they do deals often? The starter kits I've seen are around £50.

winchesterfan Tue 03-Jan-17 16:55:41

You can get a bluesky starter kit on eBay for around £30, much longer lasting than sensationail

Irritatedmama Tue 03-Jan-17 18:11:09

The ones I've seen are only about a tenner cheaper than Sensationail and use a UV lamp rather than LED?

Spam88 Tue 03-Jan-17 18:15:05

Cleaning up gels is easier than normal polish since it doesn't dry until you cure it, so you can take your time cleaning up any bits that get on your skin smile

Millielovehart Tue 03-Jan-17 19:00:37

I had sensational and they looked lovely but mine would chip after a couple of days, I gave up in the end!

dontpokethebear Wed 04-Jan-17 23:36:48

Ooh tip for post cure clean up! I use a fine paint brush dipped in acetone, gives a lovely finish.

millielove I always do an extra layer of colour on the tips to help prevent chipping.

taybert Thu 05-Jan-17 07:49:51

I've got it and I think the lamp is good but I've just bought some blue sky gels and they seem better-they go on more easily.

Mine don't seem to last long though, but then they don't when I go to a salon either, I'd only ever get a week out of them. The new speedy lamp is tempting.

Irritatedmama Thu 05-Jan-17 11:45:04

Well I bought the kit and have done my toes. Very impressed so far although not keen on the chiffon pink polish that came with my kit.
I have some blue sky polishes in order from eBay.

My application needs some refining and I didn't cap off this time so it probably won't last that long. Overall I'm glad I bought it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now