Talk

Advanced search

Best shape wear for a starter?

(7 Posts)
BretonTop Mon 02-Jan-17 16:36:24

Off to a cocktail party a week Saturday, and the dress I have is ever-so-slightly too small. I'd try to lose a pound or two, but the house is still full of chocolate and mince pies !

Popped into M&S today to try on some shape wear things, and was a bit shocked at the £40 price tag. Also, the thing I tried on M&S Shapewear starts at a bra size 34 band, and I'm a 32. Tried on a 34E and it was a bit tight, but was on my own so no one to help do the band up.

Anyway, thought I'd come home and order something cheaper online...and it's a bloody minefield! I can see cheap waist cinchers on eBay, and think they might suffice.

Anyone tried one? I liked the M&S thing linked above because it has poppers on the gusset, and have heard ones without can be a nightmare to pull back up after going for a wee!

BretonTop Mon 02-Jan-17 16:38:10

Here's a pic of me in the dress, which needs ironing!

Softkitty2 Mon 02-Jan-17 17:19:22

Choose the shape wear slip which is around £28 from m&s, they start from a size 8. You wear your own bra and knickers and the slip will smoothen and suck everything in..

BretonTop Mon 02-Jan-17 18:47:48

Just looked at that one softkitty2 but it has straps, and the dress I'm going to wear is one-shouldered. Thanks tho! smile

DameDoom Mon 02-Jan-17 18:54:00

Try Primark. I always wore Spanx but they cost a bloody fortune. I now wear massive pair of knickers from Primarni that stop just under my boobs. They cost about £6 and hold in all lumps and bumps. I wear a lot of form fitting modal jersey for work and cannot risk any flab and corners spoiling the line of my dresses. I really rate them.

BretonTop Mon 02-Jan-17 19:06:42

Eek, Primark = special trip to town centre, 20 mins away...sounds like they might be worth it though! And for £6 I don't mind if I only wear them once. Thank you Dame smile

Sparkesx Tue 03-Jan-17 19:42:28

Primark definitely. I get all mine from there grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now