Talk

Advanced search

What's the best liquid hand soap?!

(47 Posts)
Flingmoo Mon 02-Jan-17 14:46:49

Wasn't sure if this comes under S&B or housekeeping but what's the best liquid hand soap?!

I'm basing this on 2 main factors, smell and poshness of the bottle blush Basically, what smells nice AND looks nice on your bathroom sink.

(Have tried decanting into a dispenser and got bored of it after a year or two so now I'm just interested in ones that already come in a nice bottle...)

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 02-Jan-17 14:48:59

I really like Pears, it's not posh of course but it's a classic and smells nice.
I have the bar in the bathroom and the liquid in the kitchen, they smell different.

Nanasueathome Mon 02-Jan-17 14:49:12

Molton Brown Rhubarb and Rose

MackerelOfFact Mon 02-Jan-17 14:50:31

Well it kind of depends what smells you like and how much you want to spend!

TK Maxx do hundreds of posh-looking hand soaps from about £3.99, that's where I'd try first! Just sniff them all until you find a bottle and scent you like.

GeorgeTheThird Mon 02-Jan-17 15:05:06

Method pink grapefruit

DandelionAndBedrock Mon 02-Jan-17 15:06:38

Method - I like sweet water and the foaming version is really soft on your skin.

When I lived in Paris there was an amazing rose hand wash that I used - it was so good my non-French speaking friend apologised that she thought she had used the wrong bottle because it was so nice

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 02-Jan-17 15:11:54

Aldi version of Molton Brown.

Madbengalmum Mon 02-Jan-17 15:13:44

I like method for my kitchen sink and Espa or Elemis for the bathroom, Espas hand washes are the nicest by far and i have tried them all. Pricey, but they last months.

70ontheinside Mon 02-Jan-17 15:15:37

"Poshness of bottle" definitely TK Maxx. Lots of lovely apothecary looking bottles with French labels. I might have bought one or 10 too many.

MsRinky Mon 02-Jan-17 15:27:39

Noble Isle. Outrageously expensive though.

squiz81 Mon 02-Jan-17 15:31:05

I generally get method. They smell nice, they don't dry out your skin and I like the look of the bottle. I do have some Waitrose own soap on the go at The moment too, that is also very nice.

If your budget is higher Neals Yard make a lovely hand soap

StiffenedPleat Mon 02-Jan-17 15:32:47

White Company Verveine hand and nail set (hand wash and hand cream) or Jo Malone.

TheRollingCrone Mon 02-Jan-17 15:34:43

Neals yard orange and geranium hand wash. Heavenly!

PickAChew Mon 02-Jan-17 15:36:27

For me, none of them. Either the smell bothers me, or they irritate my skin.

DramaAlpaca Mon 02-Jan-17 15:38:01

Same as PickAChew. I buy whichever unperfumed one is on special offer.

LadyPenelopeCantDance Mon 02-Jan-17 15:38:20

Jo Malone or Molton Brown can't be be beaten on smell!

Madbengalmum Mon 02-Jan-17 15:39:58

Ladyp, i think Espa has the edge on these for quality and fragrance now.

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Mon 02-Jan-17 16:31:37

Method or Waitrose own brand here, generally.

Strummerville Mon 02-Jan-17 16:32:01

Came on to say Dr Bronner's as I bloody love that stuff, but the bottles are more WTF than posh grin

luckylavender Mon 02-Jan-17 18:05:17

Homesense always has a great selection. I like Molton Brown, L'Occitane, and Liz Earle. Also Pears as someone mentioned, Original Source & the Waitrose Essentials ones.

redcaryellowcar Mon 02-Jan-17 18:59:14

My preferred hand soap is l'occitane verbena, you can get refills too if you are eco conscious? I like neals yard too but worry about glass bottles on tiled floors as have clumsy husband and dc!

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 02-Jan-17 19:17:11

I watched a programme just before Christmas where they did a blind test with handwashes - Molton Brown actually came last! I like the Neals Yard but do worry about it falling into the basin...

Grindelwaldswand Mon 02-Jan-17 19:17:57

I use radox or the carex sweetie scented ones

luckylavender Mon 02-Jan-17 19:19:52

The Radox grapefruit one is great too

UncomfortableBadger Mon 02-Jan-17 19:28:15

Head to TK Maxx - lots of really lovely unusual brands smile

We're currently using a particularly fabulous lavender, thyme and rosemary concentrated handwash by Om She in a huge 500ml bottle in our kitchen - a mere £3.99. Will last us months!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: