loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you have a Babyliss Curl Secret..

(21 Posts)
Bejazzled Sun 01-Jan-17 23:42:36

Do you like it and would it be rude to ask you to show me your hair? 😀

CointreauVersial Sun 01-Jan-17 23:53:29

Ooh, I'd love to know about this too! I can't get on with tongs or wands, and was wondering if Curl Secret might be the answer, but it's pricey!

Bejazzled Sun 01-Jan-17 23:59:12

My thoughts exactly. I have a wand but I'm not great with it and it burns
I want hair like the mum in modern family

missjoanie Mon 02-Jan-17 09:28:07

I've had one for a few years now - used it loads at first then confined it to a drawer for ages. It's easy to use if a bit slow. The curls can look a bit too 'done' if you're not careful. For me, it works best if I use it on the lowest heat setting and release the hair before the third beep. There are a few tutorials on YouTube that are worth a look.

ilovecherries Mon 02-Jan-17 09:52:17

I've got one. I tend to use it maybe once a week, and I'd say my daughter does the same. The rest of the time I use a straightening brush. I like it for a quick and easy alternative look, but I don't want curls every day. So bottom line is I like it just as another option, but not as my main method. It's simple to use, and I give the girls a good shake out after so they are more relaxed and less 'done'. My hair is a bob, just grazing my collar bone.

ilovecherries Mon 02-Jan-17 09:52:46

The curls, not the girls. Gah.

burnishedsilver Mon 02-Jan-17 11:13:34

All I can get it to do is something that looks like a half grown out 80s perm. It turned out to be a very bad investment for me

FranHastings Mon 02-Jan-17 11:15:57

Burnishedsilver, I'm exactly the same. Only used it a couple of times because I looked ridiculous. Most dig it out and try again.

Bejazzled Mon 02-Jan-17 14:27:30

Thank you all for the replies, I think I'll wait a bit before buying one.

BuzzLightyearsHoneyBun Mon 02-Jan-17 14:45:26

I have the Phillips one, it was £30 from Tesco the other week.
I love it, I have shoulder length hair. I use it on the highest heat setting, for 8 seconds and get loose curls that hold well (though my hair holds a style well)
My sister has very straight hair and she found it easy to use and liked how her curls worked out

Bejazzled Mon 02-Jan-17 17:09:30

That's a good idea Buzz I'll have a look for the Phillips version, thanks

ClarissaDarling Mon 02-Jan-17 17:11:37

Is that the auto curler?

BuzzLightyearsHoneyBun Mon 02-Jan-17 20:31:16

Yes, I have just looked on Tesco and price has gone back up but worth keeping an eye out

AliciaMayEmory Mon 02-Jan-17 23:11:12

I got one for Christmas last year and tbh I'm not that impressed. I've fine hair and still the hottest setting only gives me a loose curl/wave. I know friends who have had great success with them, thoug. I wish I'd borrowed theirs before buying to try it out.

justpoppy Mon 02-Jan-17 23:50:42

I borrowed on from a friend as I'm yet to find something that will curl my hair and I found it really tricky to use. More than once my hair got tangled in the mechanism but I did wonder if that was because I'm left handed so was doing it wring. Needless to say I didn't invest but am still on the look out for the holy Grail of hair curling product that's going to change my life and give me the curly hair I've craved since my 80's spiral perm I had when I was about 15!wink

Bejazzled Tue 03-Jan-17 00:00:59

I had another go with the wand tonight. Burnt my wrist and ended up looking like Crystal Tips (for those of us of a certain vintage😉)

AliciaMayEmory Tue 03-Jan-17 17:20:16

Justpoppy yes, the fear when it gets stuck that you'll have to just chop yourself free!! I found that having small sections and twisting the hair once at the root or where you will be putting the curler on the hair helps to minimise this.

AliciaMayEmory Tue 03-Jan-17 17:22:19

Bejazzled are you using the wand pointing downwards when you curl? I find this helps to stop my hair becoming massive and candyfloss-like! grin And make sure you curl away from your face as is apparently more flattering that way.

woodhill Tue 03-Jan-17 17:22:49

Lol crystal tips

CointreauVersial Tue 03-Jan-17 20:09:04

I feel your pain, OP (and not just the burnt wrist). I am just left with frizzy triangle-hair when I use a wand, and struggle to do the back at all.

Agree about pointing it downwards, though - you get more of a loose corkscrew (allegedly).

Bejazzled Tue 03-Jan-17 20:21:37

alicia cointreau no I point it up the way - I'll try the downward spiral next time 🙂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now