Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best place to sell/swap perfume?

(9 Posts)
dailymaillazyjournos Sun 01-Jan-17 20:19:29

While I was visiting family abroad I was given a voucher for a make-up and perfume chain that we don't have here in the UK. I used it on the day I was going back and because I was short of time ended up buying something I now absolutely loathe sad I'm really annoyed with myself. I should have kept the voucher and used it next time I was over. The perfume is also something I've not seen here. It's Aerin (made by Estee Lauder apparently) Tangir Vanille. It was way more expensive than I'd usually spend so I'm extra annoyed about wasting it. I'd like to sell it or swap it but don't know where's best. It's in the box but not got the cardboard insert in as I always chuck those to make getting the bottle out the box easier. I just won't use it though. I think it's probably a very marmite sort of fragrance. Any ideas where I'd have the most success in selling or doing a swap would be really great. TIA

Fresta Sun 01-Jan-17 20:22:11

I have sold fragrance on eBay quite successfully.

dailymaillazyjournos Sun 01-Jan-17 20:38:44

Thanks Fresta. What sort of price did you ask in relation to the original price of perfume? Did you do a 'buy now' option? I've bought on ebay but never tried to sell anything.

Fresta Sun 01-Jan-17 21:15:50

I sold a bottle of Pomegranate noir from Jo Malone. It was unboxed and about 2/3 full. I think I started with quite a low price and got around £50 for it in the end (100ml bottle). If yours is new and boxed I would add a BIN price which is a bit lower than the retail price, or start bids at a minimum price you would want to sell it for. As it's not a very well known scent you might find it takes a while to sell.

CointreauVersial Sun 01-Jan-17 23:51:39

I quite like that one! Stick it on eBay, as suggested.

dailymaillazyjournos Mon 02-Jan-17 11:44:44

Fresta thanks for the advice. I hope I manage to sell it and that someone who likes it gets to enjoy. It was a biiiiiig mistake on my part.

FizzySweeties Mon 02-Jan-17 12:14:49

I have sold opened perfume on Ebay successfully but something to consider is that my (new) post office asked what your package is and if you say it's perfume I think it has to be new/sealed. have sent things like ornaments which are the same weight and shape so it's not as though they open the parcel to check these things, but just so you are prepared! smile

dailymaillazyjournos Mon 02-Jan-17 12:38:49

Fizzy Thanks for that. Will check with local PO before I put ad on ebay. Would never have known that!

CointreauVersial Tue 03-Jan-17 20:17:12

I think perfume just has to be "in original packaging" for the PO to take it. You have to declare it's perfume, and they put a big sticker on the parcel.

Couriers (myHermes etc) won't take it at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now