Talk

Advanced search

IPL moustache question

(8 Posts)
rosietea Sun 01-Jan-17 19:56:00

I'm thinking of getting the Phillips Lumia .. just reading lots of reviews at the moment.
I plant use it on upper lip but worried that because you have to shave first if it doesn't work I'll have stubble! I'll rather have a tache than stubble. Also legs and tummy.
Can you tan in the summer and still use this? I understand about the tanning bit

LockedOutOfMN Sun 01-Jan-17 20:18:32

From what I've heard the Lumia works where skin is pale and hair is dark. Is the skin above your top lip pale and got moustache hair dark? The greater the contrast, the better the Lines will work - as I understand it. I've never used one but have friends who have.

LockedOutOfMN Sun 01-Jan-17 20:18:55

*not Lines, Lumea (sorry)

rosietea Sun 01-Jan-17 21:01:37

Not all but there's a few broom bristles lol. Will be great on my legs ! Maybe not so great on upper lip I bleach it often so have forgot how dark it was.. except for the few that are thick and black they don't bleach so I reluctantly pluck

Palomb Sun 01-Jan-17 21:05:09

You don't have to shave the hairs off, you can epillate or wax first. I shaved first time and it was absolutely fine.

MinnieMinchkin Sun 01-Jan-17 21:51:21

I didn't bother shaving my tache before using the lumea and it worked fine, no burning or discomfort smile

DoloresVanCartier Sun 01-Jan-17 21:56:08

I got one for Xmas but for my legs and bikini. What I have read is that you shouldn't wax or epilate as the light needs a hair root in the follicle to actually work. It won't work without a hair root as the light travels down the shaved hair to make it wonky and then fall out.

rosietea Mon 02-Jan-17 12:05:22

Yes this is my understanding to.. with regards to not shaving tache first this means all the energy is being absorbed into hair above the skin ..it needs to be absorbed below the skin..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now