Talk

Advanced search

My face needs help!

(3 Posts)
nancy75 Sun 01-Jan-17 18:49:41

Help me all you skin & make up experts, I have just noticed I've turned in to a leather skinned troll & it can't go on!
I know nothing about face stuff, can someone please tell me what I need to put on my face morning & night?
I'm 41, never worn make up and I need a skincare routine and some advice on face make up too.
Skin in olive, and starting to look a bit dry & patchy and grey. Please can someone give me a list of stuff I need and tell me what to do with it? ( imagine you are explaining to a child- I really am clueless)
High street rather than Harvey nicks budget I'm afraid! grin

BusterGonad Mon 02-Jan-17 12:17:52

It's a bit tough to say without knowing too much about you but I'll start by telling you my easy routine. I cleanse by rubbing baby lotion all over my face and then I wipe it off with damp cotton wool, then I moisturise with a cream, at the moment I have The Body Shop vitamin E cream, and I use the thicker night one at night. You will also need a eye cream. The Body Shop Vitamin E one is good and so is the Aloe Vera one. I also use baby lotion to remove my make up and then if there is any eye make up remaining I use Simple eye make up remover, the non oily one that looks like water. Make up is harder to suggest. Maybe go to a counter and ask for help. I like Clinique CC cream, it's less heavy than a foundation but also covers well. Maybe get a mascara, concealer, cream blush and a few lip glosses or crayons.

BusterGonad Mon 02-Jan-17 12:35:07

Oh and a nice taupe or soft brown cream eyeshadow to sweep across your eyelids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now