Talk

Advanced search

I have a patch of very dry skin on my face.

(13 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 01-Jan-17 16:10:43

What do I need. My skin is very sensitive making the issue more problematic.

What would you recommend?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 01-Jan-17 21:02:34

My DD had a couple of patches (she has quite sensitive skin too) I got her the Lanolips (on BOGOF) one of the lipsalves and one of the cream - she says it helps

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 01-Jan-17 21:08:35

^ it was the ^Cream she used on her skin not the balm (clear as mud eh? )

TronaldDump Sun 01-Jan-17 21:10:19

Hydrocortisone cream is the only thing that works for me when I get really dry patches. Usually clears it up in 3/4 days. I'd prefer to use something more natural but nothing else seems to work.

beanfilledfish Sun 01-Jan-17 21:11:31

i use a hydrosortisone cream also something called www.skinshop.co.uk/kalme-undercoat that sort of keeps the areas at bay

PaddlingFuriously Sun 01-Jan-17 21:12:55

Watching with interest as I've spent the whole winter looking like I've extensive stubble rash on my chin.

beanfilledfish Sun 01-Jan-17 21:16:59

would recommend the kalme cream paddling, I have bizarre skin breakouts that the dr can't diagnose but the cream really does keep it at bay. worth a try while on offer too.

Orangepeppers Sun 01-Jan-17 21:52:16

Celestial moisturiser from Lush completely sorted out this problem for me overnight.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 01-Jan-17 22:39:21

Thank you so much everyone. I'm definitely going to try the Kalm Undercoat. If it doesn't work on my face, it may help me wear the beautiful ring which DH bought me and brings me out in a rash.

Will have a look at the others too. Thanks again.

dannyglick Thu 05-Jan-17 20:10:25

I had this problem, and nothing I tried got rid of it, until I saw my GP, and was prescribed a short course of Daktacort cream.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 05-Jan-17 20:23:27

Thanks Danny, I'll look that up smile

CSJ113 Thu 05-Jan-17 20:46:11

Sounds like it would be worth asking your GP for patch testing - if your ring brings you out in a rash it could be a nickel allergy. That can also cause flare ups on other parts of your body.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 05-Jan-17 21:08:28

Had a patch test about 20 years ago and yes you're right, one of my things is nickel smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now