Talk

Advanced search

Free/cheap hair colouring guinea pig?

(5 Posts)
CardboardPlastic Sun 01-Jan-17 11:48:06

Hi, does anyone know if there is a hairdressing school in London where I could get free or cheap hair colouring done by being a guinea pig for hairdressing students? I've been doing it myself since getting greyer but am fed up of the solid colour of home dyes, but really can't afford to go to a salon for this on a regular basis! (Maybe I should be on the frugaleers page but thought someone here might know.)

LittleOyster Sun 01-Jan-17 12:07:38

Might be a bit of a trek if you are not in South West London, but Headmasters have a training salon just outside Richmond: www.headmasters.com/hair-academy/nvq-level-2-academy/ You can get a cut, blow-dry and full head of colour for just under £50. I've been going there for years and they always do a good job.

CardboardPlastic Sun 01-Jan-17 13:47:52

Thanks Littleoyster. Probably a wee bit too far for me but still worth bearing in mind. Thanks!

VimFuego101 Sun 01-Jan-17 13:59:31

I used to go to Watford college to get mine done, they did a great job. Any college that does hairdressing courses would probably offer it as students need to do a certain amount of each task (cut, colour etc) to pass their course.

CardboardPlastic Sun 01-Jan-17 17:39:44

Thanks. Have googled a couple of colleges and they actually now have info on their websites about how to sign up for them -I should've checked first! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now