Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help me treat/disguise my scars! (Pic)

(6 Posts)
colonelgoldfish Sun 01-Jan-17 07:04:43

I have skin that marks so easily. Every time I have a spot I have red marks left on my skin. They eventually fade but I get new ones all the time.

I can't afford laser treatment unfortunately. Has anyone managed to minimise their scars with products?

I'm also looking for a higher coverage foundation as by about 2pm my makeup starts coming off and revealing the marks. My current routine is - primer - L'Oréal true match foundation - collection concealer - MAC Fix+.

Grateful for any advice!

Motherfuckers Sun 01-Jan-17 07:21:09

My daughter is currently having a series of extractions and acid peels at her dermatologist. Her skin looks amazing. It is expensive but could you look into doing peels at home? Look at Paula's choice or bravura.

IronMaggie Sun 01-Jan-17 09:50:40

There are some very clever skincare experts on here who can probably advise on BHA / peels and SPF too (vital).

At the same time I wonder if a full-coverage concealer might get you through the day, until the blemishes subside? I have similar skin and use MAC Studio Finish concealer under foundation and it's very resilient despite my oily skin.

MrsMarigold Sun 01-Jan-17 15:37:15

Laura Mercier - the concealer duo is excellent, I had acne scarring and it vanishes when i use this.

colonelgoldfish Sun 01-Jan-17 15:40:23

Thank you! Will look into all of these ideas. I think if I could keep them covered during the day I'd feel much more confident.

ALLthedinosaurs Sun 01-Jan-17 15:44:12

Amlactin cream. It has lactic acid in it. It evened out and smoothed my skin in a couple of months. It's properly amazing and affordable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now