Talk

Advanced search

Babyliss Big Hair

(8 Posts)
Gwenhwyfar Sat 31-Dec-16 22:06:44

I've heard good reviews and seen the videos on youtube. It seems you can do a blowdry at home with it. Is it really suitable for quite a lazy person? Would I persevere with it or would I end up just drying my hair in 5 minutes? I presume it's for Saturday night or something and not for daily use.

Bokky Sat 31-Dec-16 22:13:38

I absolutely love mine. So much so that when my first broke I bought a second. It's so easy to use - better if you blast dry with a dryer to about 80% dry then use the Big Hair to finish off. It can be used every day once you get the hang of it.

Haggisfish Sat 31-Dec-16 22:16:39

I like mine too. Takes no longer than my normal hairdryer-it fair gives out the hot air!

CremeBrusselsSprouts Sat 31-Dec-16 22:27:25

I have one sitting in a drawer. It's ok but quite a bit of a faff. I used it a few times when I bought it but since then I haven't bothered to use it.

I get better results using this Revlon Perfectionist hairbrush dryer and its loads cheaper too.

Pheebs770 Sat 31-Dec-16 22:34:10

I found it a total ball ache and kept trapping my hair in the sides.
My hair is a frizzy mop but I have recently found an amazing product
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01HIB1XKY/ref=mpss_a11_1aa_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1483223394&sr=8-1&keywords=hair+straightening+brush
I leave it to dry naturally then use this & it looks blow dried

wellthatsjustgreat Sat 31-Dec-16 22:46:18

I'm also on my second as the first one broke after a few years. I have quite long, fluffy curly hair and I can easily achieve a salon smooth blow dry in about 15/20 minutes.
I tried it on my sister once though and it had absolutely no effect on her hair - oddly hmm

Gwenhwyfar Sat 31-Dec-16 23:53:07

Thanks. Quite mixed opinions so far...

WhiteStars Sat 31-Dec-16 23:55:28

It kept tangling my hair in the sides and wasn't hot enough to create a lasting wave or curl at the bottom so it just hung straight again. I have straight hair maybe it works better at smoothing out frizz? I never use mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now