Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eyeliner Mystery.

(10 Posts)
twinklefoot Sat 31-Dec-16 19:09:52

Can anyone tell me whether it is actually possible to use an eyeliner after sharpening. I think maybe they should be binned when they become blunt.

twinklefoot Sat 31-Dec-16 19:10:47

Also if anyone is using after sharpening please tell me which bloody sharpener you use.smile

SortAllTheThings Sat 31-Dec-16 19:12:11

Stick in the fridge before you sharpen it smile

twinklefoot Sat 31-Dec-16 19:15:44

I can't believe I don't know this trick and I'm in my 40s. Has everyone been keeping it a secret from me?

GimmeeMoore Sat 31-Dec-16 19:34:14

Bourjois sharpener boots and Superdrug sell,its a marvellous reliable sharpener
Bourjois sharpener boots and Superdrug £3.49

twinklefoot Sat 31-Dec-16 19:36:28

Thanks Gimmee I will try that one.

Strummerville Sat 31-Dec-16 19:39:59

I've been using the same (Body Shop) sharpener since I was about 16, never had any trouble!

SortAllTheThings Sat 31-Dec-16 21:04:15

Heh, np. Works well. Apparently nail varnish should live in the fridge too

WicksEnd Sat 31-Dec-16 21:43:56

Dior eyeliners come with a sharpener which has a small nib on the end so you can't over sharpen it.

SapphireSeptember Sat 31-Dec-16 22:09:11

I use the Essence sharpener, it was less than £2 and sharpens even plastic pencils nicely. (Worked out a trick for those, you can take out the screw holding the blade in place, then put it back in and tighten it up really well, just be very careful not to touch the blade!) I would love to know which total muppet decided to make eyeliner and lipliner pencils out of plastic. It works beautifully with graphite and colouring pencils, not so well with makeup which is a hell of a lot softer. And sometimes you get nasty sharp bits that you have to be careful not to poke yourself in the eye with! <speaks from bitter experience>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now