Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had they eyebrows microbladed?

(32 Posts)
Kirriemuir Sat 31-Dec-16 15:07:19

I have a consultation in a few weeks time. I have also looked at tattooing but opted at this for now. How did it go and were you happy with the results?

Dafspunk Sat 31-Dec-16 15:08:03

Ooh eyebrow stuff... watching.

Fcukthetww Sat 31-Dec-16 15:49:34

It's amazing! It does hurt but looks so natural and has saved me a fortune in brow gels. You have first session and then a top up 4-6 weeks later. I wouldn't be without mine now- you'll never look back. Just be aware of who is doing them, look at previous work and ensure they explain everything properly.

Mrsmaudwatts Sat 31-Dec-16 19:48:25

Yep, bloody love them!!!

Minnie747 Sun 01-Jan-17 01:38:06

Yes!! Three times now. Last time was fantastic and will not need topping up for some time now, better quality and technique this time I'm sure. So very pleased with results! Don't be shy to push for exactly what you want in consulatation. I couldn't pin point what exactly I didn't like at first (pencil version), but stuck to my guns and the technition and I figured it out. Good luck.

HemanOrSheRa Sun 01-Jan-17 01:51:54

Yes! I love my eyebrows now. My 'own' brows were overplucked, one was much thinner and higher than the other. This meant that when I wore my glasses they looked wonky. I honestly thought I had one ear higher than the other as my glasses would never seem to sit level. The technician sorted them out. It's amazing actually, definitely an art as well as the technical bit. They look really natural and definitely make a difference in framing my face.

Don't be shocked at how dark they look at first. The first time I had it done I gasped everytime I looked in the mirror for a week. Once they've healed they fade back to a natural shade. For some reason I found the 4 week top up more uncomfortable than then initial session. I've just had mine topped up again for the 3rd time and it was fine.

YouHadMeAtCake Sun 01-Jan-17 01:54:42

I'm thinking of getting it done but I really worry about the shape going wrong and then being stuck with it. I have extremely thin eyebrows and it takes a while to pencil them in daily. Some look amazing.

HemanOrSheRa Sun 01-Jan-17 02:00:22

The technician I go to draws on the eyebrow shape in brow pencil first You. She spends AGES getting it right. The first consultation was a good hour and a half, if not 2 hours. So you get a chance to say if you don't like the shape. She then tattoos using the shape she's drawn on as a guide. The top up sessions are much quicker as you have the shape already there.

kormachameleon Sun 01-Jan-17 02:09:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kormachameleon Sun 01-Jan-17 02:09:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsLion Sun 01-Jan-17 10:10:32

My friend has this done. Her eyebrows look phenomenal. 100% natural.
She had plucked the bejeezus out of them as a teenager and had nothing but early 90s style thin arches.

IHaveBrilloHair Sun 01-Jan-17 10:14:10

I've never heard of this but wow, your brows look amazing Korma
How much does it cost?

1970sCarpet Sun 01-Jan-17 10:16:47

Ooh!erm....how does micro blading work and how long does it last?

JustGettingStarted Sun 01-Jan-17 10:18:55

I'm intrigued... Is it a tattoo or something else?

SophieofShepherdsBush Sun 01-Jan-17 10:20:38

F.

FrankAndBeans Sun 01-Jan-17 10:22:42

Am I being thick, what happens when the eyebrow trend changes as it undoubtedly will. I understand those with no eyebrows/very little but people are getting these massive thick ones put on semi-permanently and it makes me shock to show such commitment to an eyebrow.

HmmmHashtag Sun 01-Jan-17 10:24:42

I had 'semi-permanent makeup' tattoos done a couple of years ago and they ended up shit. They were individual hair strokes, but after a while they just went blurry. I never bothered having the 12 month top up. I am interested in the microblading but really want to see how they look 6 months down the line before chucking another load of money at it.

DollyPlastic Sun 01-Jan-17 10:24:53

I love your brows, Korma.

Jinglebells99 Sun 01-Jan-17 10:31:55

I just googled this as I didn't know what it was, but I'm with frankandbeans. What happens when the eyebrow trend changes and you are stuck with permanent tattooed on brows?!

Jinglebells99 Sun 01-Jan-17 10:33:56

My brows are naturally thick a la Brooke Sheilds etc but it's only in the last couple of years that look had been fashionable. Isn't it bound to change again ?

1970sCarpet Sun 01-Jan-17 10:39:50

I've just looked up microblading and it's costs anywhere between £250 to £400 shock and that's not including the top ups.shock ...Holy Moses!

OyWithThePoodles Sun 01-Jan-17 10:42:46

It's not permanent like tattooing ... it does eventually fade so you have to top it up. I recently had it done and I'm really happy - just chose a very natural look that filled in the bare patches and evened them up. I'd definitely recommend.

OyWithThePoodles Sun 01-Jan-17 10:46:14

I paid £160 and the top up will be £40. The therapist spent 2 painstaking hours working on them, plus the initial appointment for patch testing and chatting it through so it felt like it was good value!

runningtogetskinny Sun 01-Jan-17 10:55:51

My daughter (19) had them done for her Christmas present, here is the before and after photo - the salon have used it on their website smile

Kirriemuir Sun 01-Jan-17 11:20:00

Thank everyone for responding. We're heading out so will have a proper read when we come back. To both posters who have posted pixies - brillian results and thanks for doing that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now