Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do you organise your jewellery? Stackers? Do you use different chain lengths for different necklines?! When to wear pearls?

(9 Posts)
ChickenVindaloo2 Sat 31-Dec-16 14:02:33

Hey all, sorry for spamming this board today, you can probs guess my resolution is to look better in 2017!

I've bought myself one of those Stackers jewellery boxes and am loving the compartments to organise which earrings go with which necklaces!

How do you organise yours? All gold together or all earrings together or what?

Also - some of my pendants now have no chains (I break them a lot) so I have a few silver chains of different lengths and just thread the pendant on. Do you wear the same length all the time or do you change it depending on your outfit? Do you find your hair gets tangled in some chains?

Extra question - is it "ok" to wear pearls during the day or is it naff? And cubic zirconias diamonds?

Thanks!

SapphireSeptember Sat 31-Dec-16 23:52:40

I wear pearls if I feel like it, I have a string of black pearls that I love, and wore them the other day because I hadn't in a while (I read somewhere they need to be worn every now and again because they can dry out and they need the oils from your skin.) This is assuming they're real pearls, whether cultured or natural. (Mine were picked up in a charity shop for £3 years ago!) Same idea if they're faux pearls, wear them if you feel like it! Do it! grin

Anyway, my personal opinion is anything sparkly should be worn during the day, especially if it's sunny. That way you can dazzle everyone with the rainbows emanating from your bling. I have some rings with mahoosive cubic zirconia stones that I wear all the time. I love the rainbows!

ChickenVindaloo2 Sun 01-Jan-17 00:07:41

Thanks for the tips! I think my pearls are "good" fakes. And yy to bling in the sun!

EBearhug Sun 01-Jan-17 00:13:09

I was taught pearls are suitable for any occasion, from weddings to funerals, day or night, whereas not all stones are suitable at all times.

I keep my jewellery in a tolbox with a see-through lid and adjustable separators inside.

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Sun 01-Jan-17 00:18:29

<sidles in> Apparently you can tell whether pearls are real or not by rubbing them on your teeth, if they are real then they feel gritty. <sidles out>

bojorojo Sun 01-Jan-17 01:32:39

Often the quality of the clasp will tell you if they are fake or not. Gold is rarely used for fakes.

I keep my jewellery in the boxes it came in and some in my safe. Others are in jewellery boxes in my wardrobe. I wear pearls a lot. I like quite chunky pearls! Yes to different length necklaces. I always wear longer ones with a roll neck for example. Wear diamonds when you want. Some are obviously evening only.Others are fine for day. Tiaras definitely for white tie only!!!

SapphireSeptember Sun 01-Jan-17 01:35:24

That's how I know mine are real. grin First time I tried that was on a £2 bracelet I got when I was 15. Thanks for adding that S&S! I forgot to mention that.

Chicken, I've seen some amazing faux pearls. Coco Chanel never wore real pearls, but nowadays our imitations are way better than what they used to have.

ChickenVindaloo2 Sun 01-Jan-17 12:44:42

I wear my tiaras in the bath! I have one for Claire's for everyday and one from Accessorize for when I have company! grin

MrsMarigold Sun 01-Jan-17 15:35:26

I have a very beautiful set of pearls, I inherited them from my grandmother but they need to be restrung - anyone able to recommend a place in London.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now