Talk

Advanced search

Can you wear faux diamonds in the shower?

(8 Posts)
ChickenVindaloo2 Sat 31-Dec-16 13:37:57

I am resolving to look more "finished" and groomed this year but cba putting jewellery on and off every morning. I have a a faux single diamond pendant on a silver chain which I was planning on just wearing mon-fri.

Will it be ok to leave on in the shower do you think?

Thanks!

Want2bSupermum Sat 31-Dec-16 13:41:50

The fake diamond will be fine but the chain might not survive. I've been wearing my earnings that DH got me 9 years ago every single day and never taken them out. I checked on them daily for the first month and saw no damage so continued. Nine years later they are fine.

ChickenVindaloo2 Sat 31-Dec-16 13:54:39

Thanks. I have several silver chains so I'll risk it in the name of beauty without effort!

AgathaMystery Sat 31-Dec-16 15:35:32

You never take them out?! Not even to clean them shock

buzzmoon Sat 31-Dec-16 15:41:00

Both will be fine. Just use a bit of silver polish on the silver chain if it looks a bit tarnished

ChickenVindaloo2 Sat 31-Dec-16 16:02:40

I take mine out mindlessly when I'm watching TV and wipe them with an alcohol swab after using them to clean under my nails

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Sat 31-Dec-16 16:06:09

So long as chain is silver it will be fine.

SapphireSeptember Sat 31-Dec-16 23:22:45

It'll be fine, and I've actually found that the silver jewellery I wear all the time doesn't get tarnished. I think the oils in your skin help protect it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now