Talk

Advanced search

Paul hairdryers: worth the ££?

(6 Posts)
ouchmyfanjo Sat 31-Dec-16 13:23:17

I need a new dryer and am willing to spend a bit on one to last a long time and to share with dd.
I'm really tempted by a parlux especially as they are lightweight and I've read they are good for shine/ reducing frizz.
Dp bought me one as a surprise for xmas.it was a nicky clarke diamond shine but it was so heavy it hurt my shoulder to use so I returned it.
In boots there were some lightweight ones without the ac motor for about £20. I hesitated as my heart was set on a parlux but will I be wasting my money?
Any opinions to life me out of my dithering would be appreciated.

ouchmyfanjo Sat 31-Dec-16 13:36:19

Bloody autocorrect. Parlux not Paul. I don't need another option to choose from!

WombattingFree Sat 31-Dec-16 21:41:18

I have the GHD one and it's very good. Cheaper ones just heat and heat and burn your hair. Look for ones that are all fancy pants and ionic or whatever the phrase is 😊

Judydreamsofhorses Sat 31-Dec-16 22:08:46

I have a Parlux - I got a good deal on an online site (maybe Look Fantasyic or Feel Unique) and had a discount code, and it didn't end up being much more expensive than a decent Boots one. Anyway, I love it so much. My hair dries super quickly, and people frequently comment on how shiny it is. I have a short blunt bob with a fringe, and dry/straighten it daily, and even my hairdresser has said she's noticed a difference in the condition since I got it in the summer. My previous dryer was a Tresemme one and I would never go back.

ouchmyfanjo Sun 01-Jan-17 13:48:46

Thank you both and happy new year. I think I will go for the parlux. Which one do you have judy?I'm tempted by 385 power light ceramic ionic but they've got the new advance one out for not much more...

CateGory8 Sun 01-Jan-17 14:32:52

ouch I got the 385 power light for a Christmas present but haven't used it yet. I'm not in the habit of using a hairdryer because I usually air dry my hair. After reading your post I looked at the new advanced Parlux and have ordered that, will return the 385. My logic is that it is only £9 more and with free shipping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now