Talk

Advanced search

Facelift

(9 Posts)
mumoxes Fri 30-Dec-16 23:45:02

Would you have a facelift? If money were no object.

iminshock Fri 30-Dec-16 23:45:39

No

Jayfee Sat 31-Dec-16 00:05:00

no

whitesklyer Sat 31-Dec-16 00:07:10

Depends, but for now some fillers and botox would be lovely (if I could shagging well afford it fwink

sansoucitherednosedcariboo Sat 31-Dec-16 04:36:16

I would never do fillers or Botox. I would consider having my jawline tightened and my eyelids raised to get rid of the hooded look but wouldn't want anything fake added.

Anyway, it was an idle thought.

Liiinoo Sat 31-Dec-16 07:30:29

I can say with some certainty that at the moment I wouldn't. I saw a consultant recently to ask what could be done about my droopy eyelids, jowls and wrinkly neck and her response was unequivocal - the procedure that would give the best and most long lasting results would be a full face lift.
I wasn't prepared to do that (too invasive, painful, long recovery time, scared of hospitals and general anaesthetic) so I have opted for two other non-surgical interventions (botox and ultherapy) at about a fifth of the cost of a full lift, and so far I am delighted with the results. However these treatments don't last long and if I were to continue with them they would end up, over a 5-10 year period costing more than a full face lift.

ScarletForYa Sat 31-Dec-16 07:40:23

Possibly something, but a facelift is drastic.

I saw a documentary about the eighties singer Toyah and she had one done in Paris. It was very good, really 'underdone' and subtle. She looked amazing after it.

But then there's the likes of Bruce Jenner so hmm, it's a gamble.

I'd have to see the surgeons work before anything.

theaveragewife Sat 31-Dec-16 07:43:31

I would be scared of looking in the mirror and never seeing myself again, the results can be awful!

A little bit of Botox is as far as I'm going right now!

Tessticklesyourfancy Sat 31-Dec-16 08:12:31

No. I watched the Real Marigold Hotel on tour this week and they were at a retirement village in Florida
It was full of very wealthy plastic surprised looking people. The results may well look great after the first one but keeping on to keep youth within reach just looks plain odd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now