Talk

Advanced search

Help me with my frizzy hair please!

(22 Posts)
Barktheheralddogssing Fri 30-Dec-16 23:21:26

My hair is curly and just goes frizzy every time.

I've tried cg but it was no better.

Now I wash with a caffeine shampoo because I was losing a lot of hair (hormones! ) then follow with aussie colour conditioner. I use frizzease waves foam (not sure what it's called) and finish off with frizzease serum. But it always looks frizzy and scruffy.

Any clues what I'm doing wrong or what products I could use that would help?

I always rinse really well, don't wash too often, dont use a hairdryer or straighteners. ..

Any advice would be very welcome!

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 30-Dec-16 23:23:32

I put some hair oil on mine when it's dry. It's the only thing that works for me. I use Schwarzkopf Got2Be oil, which you can get in Superdrug or Home Bargains.

Barktheheralddogssing Fri 30-Dec-16 23:25:12

I've tried coconut oil before but it just made it look greasy.

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 30-Dec-16 23:43:45

Coconut oil is too heavy. Try the hair oil - L'Oreal also do one - theirs is "drier" and lighter than the Schwarzkopf one.

Barktheheralddogssing Sat 31-Dec-16 00:05:42

Thanks I'll try that.

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 31-Dec-16 10:37:38

I also don't brush mine between washes - just run my fingers through it to tidy it up a bit. This keeps the curls in and avoids frizz.

Barktheheralddogssing Sat 31-Dec-16 11:41:12

I never brush my hair, just use a wide toothed comb every morning. But even if I don't, it's still frizzy ... it seems to go that way as soon as it dries.

Loopsdefruits Mon 02-Jan-17 18:47:01

Ok, so, my best hair things have been...

Moroccanoil (I have yet to find a hair oil that works as well)
Livingproof Curl range, they are expensive sad but John Lewis do the travel size bottles which are cheaper and a good way to 'test' them out. My curly hair has never looked better, I used the shampoo, conditioning rinse and defining cream smile

imjessie Mon 02-Jan-17 19:13:09

Don't even use a comb , use your fingers .. I wash and use a product , either mousse or serum and either leave to dry or diffuse . There is no need to have frizzy hair . Just keep trying products until you find one that works for you .

JennyOnAPlate Mon 02-Jan-17 19:15:53

Frizzy suggests that it needs moisture. Try using a curly girl friendly conditioner (I use tresseme botanique) and leaving some in rather than washing it all out.

How long did you try cg for? You need to give it a good go for the full effect (it took mine a good 6 weeks to settle)

cheapskatemum Mon 02-Jan-17 19:45:54

Avoid anything with silicone in, it works well immediately after you have washed your hair, but then causes frizz. I found this with the Aussie products. I use Dr Organics Argan Oil shampoo & conditioner and Lush R&B On damp hair. Body Shop Rainforest shampoo & conditioner are also good, I only stopped using them because they no longer do the larger size & I struggle to squeeze the conditioner out of the bottle now - it's so stiff!

tatree Mon 02-Jan-17 19:46:17

I have curly/frizzy hair and if I have time I leave my hair with conditioner in (Aussie too) overnight, tie a scarf like a bandana to stop it going all over the pillow cases and wash it out in the morning, feels lovely for days and really seems to stop it drying out x

MrsMeeseeks Mon 02-Jan-17 19:50:06

Frizz Ease contains loads of silicone. It builds up a layer on your hair which prevents moisture from being absorbed. I'd advise laying off the silicones and moisturising it each day with a light leave-in conditioner.

lovelearning Mon 02-Jan-17 19:56:33

Try Japanese hair straightening

If you're not in London

It's worth the trip

Barktheheralddogssing Mon 02-Jan-17 20:35:34

I'm giving cg another go ... I got fed up of trying new prouts, trying to find the right one. I'm currently using BS Rainforest conditioner to Co wash and tressemme botanique conditioner to condition with alberto balsam firm hold gel and Nakd Curl creme. Does that sound ok?

AnaMaleka Mon 02-Jan-17 20:37:04

http://m.kerastase.com/en/hair-care-new-discipline/mousse-curl-ideal

Sorry don't know if the link works - am on phone! It's Kérastase Discipline Mousse Curl Idéal. It's BRILLIANT! Doesn't go crispy like mousse and takes away frizz! Changed my life!!

Barktheheralddogssing Mon 02-Jan-17 20:37:31

I was using Frizzeaze serum but it didn't stop the frizz.

I don't want my hair to be straight.

I tried cg before for months. It was ok but not shiny or frizz free.

mamalovesmojitos Mon 02-Jan-17 20:38:09

Dd has hair prone to frizz. I saw boots curl creme recommended on here and we find it great. Cheap too!

northerngirl71 Mon 02-Jan-17 22:32:24

I absolutely swear by Tresemme Keratin 7 it's a serum you use before blow drying and straightening -my hair is a nightmare mane of frizz otherwise shock .its quite pricey but it lasts ages

lovelearning Tue 03-Jan-17 05:20:21

I don't want my hair to be straight

Japanese hair straightening makes the hair shiny and frizz-free

You can stay wavy

imjessie Tue 03-Jan-17 14:46:22

It is annoying trying new products bug it's the only way to get the effect you want . I don't do curly girl and my hair is fine . I use mousse to stop the frizz . Some people prefer a cream . I don't actually rate frizz ease to be honest .

northerngirl71 Thu 05-Jan-17 20:14:52

Me too imjessie -not that keen on frizz ease ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now