Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Which Parlux?

(20 Posts)
ByAllMeansMoveAtAGlacialPace Fri 30-Dec-16 15:38:51

I'm about to stick my Dyson hairdryer on eBay (it's great but not worth the money imo)

I've read before that parlux is the brand to go for. Anyone care to share advice on which model to go for? My hair is medium length and prone to frizz!

Ciutadella Sun 01-Jan-17 13:22:12

Bumping for the anti frizz experts.

BigApple11 Sun 01-Jan-17 13:23:34

Watching with interest! Are they worth the money?

wickedfairy Sun 01-Jan-17 18:42:23

I have the Eco 3200, it's good. I have fine, straight hair. Dries hair in about 5 mins. Just bought mum one for Christmas and she said it is great.

Not a 'miracle worker', but then my hair is not such a problem.

MandyFl0ss Sun 01-Jan-17 19:25:03

I have the 2800 which is over 20 years old and still going strong and I bought the 3600 about 5 years ago as I was convinced that my 2800 was going to die any minute now. I cannot tell the difference between them but as far as my concerned, Parlux is the Rolls Royce of hairdryers.

Paddingtonthebear Sun 01-Jan-17 19:27:48

I got the Parlux 385 Powerlight for Christmas. It's fab. Very powerful, very light. I heard it's better for lots of hair rather than someone with thin hair though

divinemintthins Sun 01-Jan-17 20:04:47

I bought the super turbo 3200 for £75 just before Christmas because my second Diva blew up. Both Divas lasted just under 12 months so I hope I do better with Parlux.

Performance wise it seems the same as the Divas, good, I am happy with it.

violetgrey Sun 01-Jan-17 20:27:33

I have curly frizz prone hair and bought super compact 3500 3 years ago. Love it! It's super quick and it does make a difference. I don't use the highest setting as it would fry my hair. Medium setting to dry and then finish with a blast of cool air. Well worth the money in my opinion.

321zerobaby Sun 01-Jan-17 20:54:52

I have Parlux super turbo 3200, all the hairdressers in my local salon have them too.

ByAllMeansMoveAtAGlacialPace Sun 01-Jan-17 23:28:49

Ooh sounds like the super turbo 3200 may be the one for me! Thanks all!

MrTumblesbitch Sun 01-Jan-17 23:31:26

I have a £20 braun hairdryer..... I keep reading about parlux and Dyson and getting thr twitch, will I really notice a difference? My hair dryer is still going strong. I need to sabotage it!

OneWithTheForce Sun 01-Jan-17 23:33:46

Ooh following! I have been eyeing up a Parlux but wasn't sure if the cost was justified.

CointreauVersial Sun 01-Jan-17 23:35:11

What's so amazing about it? Doesn't it just blow hot air? confused

Paddingtonthebear Sun 01-Jan-17 23:43:04

I've had cheap hairdryers for years. Didn't think there was a difference. But now I've got a good one, there has been a difference for me, half the drying time and hair less frazzled. Just looks better. Like when you go to a hair salon, because they use salon-use professional hairdryers.

divinemintthins Mon 02-Jan-17 07:55:42

I have always had a decent dryer (35-40 quid ish, often bought for me by my hairdresser). I have got very curly hair that I dry with a round brush.

I am not sure these hairdryers are massively different from what I have had before tbh Cointreau. They would be very different from a £20 job.

I am really goof at drying my hair frizz free because have been doing it for decades and I can get as good a job as I do at the hairdressers so I am not sure it is this dryer in particular.

I am hoping for longevity from it though.

ByAllMeansMoveAtAGlacialPace Mon 02-Jan-17 09:34:07

Don't twitch for the dyson, it's good but so not worth the money. I have 66 people watching mine on eBay so hopefully I'll get a good price back! grin

Ciutadella Mon 02-Jan-17 09:41:29

Would a parlux 3200 be too hot for very fine hair, do people think? And does it have magic anti frizz qualities?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 02-Jan-17 09:47:24

I have the 3200 and it's halved my drying h time and hair is less frizzy but tbh a good product like Frizz Dismiss will work wonders.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 02-Jan-17 09:48:32

There are different heat settings, it's not that it's too hot it's REALLY fast and powerful.

divinemintthins Mon 02-Jan-17 10:24:55

It hasn't reduced my drying time or made a massive difference tbh, just another decent hairdryer. In power terms my 3200 is 1600-1900w which is the same as a lot of decent dryers. My hair takes 20. Mins to dry in sections on the hottest and fastest setting. Same as always unless I let it grow a bit.

It is decent but it is only another decent hairdryer in my life grin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: