Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Talk me out of another purchase!

(12 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Fri 30-Dec-16 14:47:44

I am very tempted to buy a peacoat that I liked earlier in the year but is now in the sale. I don't need it desperately, but it's a classic shape that I've always been drawn to. So it should be a keeper long term. I'm trying to resist but...
Plus, navy is the classic peacoat colour I've always loved, but there's also one in bright red. It's lovely. Really stand out, but I'm sure it would be more difficult to wear because of the colour. So tempting though...
I do have a navy peacoat which is lovely that is similar but it's too small atm. I am aiming to lose but it's really quite small. I'm a way off it fitting.
Someone tell me to sit on my hands or go for the classic!

Kennington Fri 30-Dec-16 14:49:35

Navy is a better bet. Red doesn't go with everything.
Only get it if it is a classic and your size. What is the material?

margaritasbythesea Fri 30-Dec-16 14:50:10

Linky!

keeponkeepinon Fri 30-Dec-16 15:02:20

It is in my size and it's lined cotton. Soft brushed sort of cotton. Same as my old one! There's also a wool one in the next sale which I could go for in navy.
This is the year I am going to slim though. like last year

keeponkeepinon Fri 30-Dec-16 17:31:04

Forgot linky

margaritasbythesea Fri 30-Dec-16 19:26:56

I think both colours are nice but the navy definitely more classic. I think I prefer it. It looks a little narrow cut across the bust to me. Is this a length that will suit you? I couldn't get away with it. Nice coat though. Good price.

Costacoffeeplease Fri 30-Dec-16 19:34:35

I'd get it in the red, if you slim into your other one you'll have two navy ones - plus the red is more cheerful smile

WilburIsSomePig Fri 30-Dec-16 19:39:19

WHY DID YOU SHOW ME THIS??? I really want that coat now!

theaveragewife Fri 30-Dec-16 19:41:19

I have the same dilemma - but it's another peacoat which I will not link to for fear of others buying, and it selling out before I've finally caved in and bought it.

Sadfacehappyface Fri 30-Dec-16 21:41:37

theaveragewife if you're worried about it selling out you've got your answer, buy it now!

theaveragewife Sat 31-Dec-16 08:24:43

Sadhappy I think my bank balance would thank me if it did sell out though! It is this one for others on a peacoat hunt.

keeponkeepinon Sat 31-Dec-16 08:33:42

It's a beaut wife! I have gone for the navy. The red is lovely but being sensible I dont think it would fit in with my colouring and usual palette of colours as well. I usually wear tan leather and purples blues greens. I just think it would be trickier to wear?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now