Talk

Advanced search

Help me accessorise this dress for a winter wedding?

(9 Posts)
RedMapleLeaf Fri 30-Dec-16 14:22:56

www.superdry.com/womens/sale-dresses/details/56824/high-neck-scuba-print-dress-navy

I would especially appreciate advice on suitable shoes. I would like to wear nude stockings so covered toes would be great. (Don't suppose tan chelsea boots would be ok would they? I'm just an afternoon/evening guest, not at the service).

FizzySweeties Sat 31-Dec-16 09:51:26

That's quite a tricky dress to wear for a winter weddin as it's really a summer dress, style print and colours. It's a toughie!

If you are going with it, then nude patent heels and a teal jacket (try this www.asos.com/asos/asos-ponte-jacket-with-shawl-collar-detail/prd/7288303?iid=7288303&affid=14173&channelref=product%20search&mk=abc¤cyid=1&gclid=CIWLsuWTntECFdcV0wodKoIN-Q it would need to be a waist length jacket not hip length so it doesn't disrupt the kick-out line of the skirt.

Hope this helps!

RedMapleLeaf Sat 31-Dec-16 10:01:59

Oh heck, I thought it looked wintery sad

That is helpful, thanks. So, tan chelsea boots are too informal you think?

humanfemale Sat 31-Dec-16 10:57:57

I think they would look great! Don't think you need to worry about being too informal. The dress is so lovely and appropriate for a wedding, some Chelsea boots would just make it more interesting as an outfit. Also then you'd probably get more wear out of them afterwards too, compared to sandals bought especially for a wedding.

FizzySweeties Sat 31-Dec-16 11:04:51

Well, personally I would not wear tan Chelsea boots for a wedding but on the other hand, people don't analyse too hard what others wear (I don't) so as long as you are happy and comfortable in your outfit then that's fine. Also like human said, it would make the outfit more interesting. If that's you and your style naturally then I'm sure you will pull it off! Have fun!

RedMapleLeaf Sat 31-Dec-16 11:37:31

I already have the chelsea boots and they're the nearest thing I have that I have to meeting requirements. Best not go with what the model's wearing in that photo.

However, before checking the thread I'd just bought some nude patenty shoes for £12 from New Look including delivery, so I'll see how they go.

I really appreciate your replies, I never learned how to put a look together and I always like to maintain a bit of 'me' when feeling I have to conform, hence the little SuperDry logo on the hem of the skirt smile.

Zippidydoodah Sat 31-Dec-16 11:41:51

A little bit of "you" shouldn't equal a logo from an overpriced shop, but there you go. It should be your personal style and how you put things together.

Anyway, I do like the dress! I would probably accessorise with pink though? Pink bangles/hair flower/cardi. There is a lot of pink around at the mo. Wear the boots too if that makes you feel like you! I think they would go well. I wear my boots with everything grin

Zippidydoodah Sat 31-Dec-16 11:43:22

Ps I hope you're not offended by my comment. I just think you contradicted yourself with your comment about having to "conform" but still showing your allegiance to a high street designer!

WyeNot Sat 31-Dec-16 11:44:32

I'd go with nude shoes too, but if you wanted to wear Chelsea boots I think it would look nice with navy tights rather than nude ones, that would also make it look a bit more 'wintry'. Lovely dress btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now