Talk

Advanced search

Clothing advice- wedding next summer

(5 Posts)
Stinkadoodle Fri 30-Dec-16 12:17:55

My sister is getting married next summer. I am bigger than I would have a liked. Though I am losing weight it is unlikely I will be smaller than 14-16.I would love suggestions from people on what I could wear so it doesn't look like a tent on me. It's my tummy, the rolls will make anything look awful.
I know everyone will be looking at the bride and groom but my whole extended family would be there and there would be photos. It would be nice not to look and feel like a hippo.
I am not girly and don't have dresses or skirts as I live in trousers.
Does anyone have suggestions of an outfit I won't look shit in. Or a link to a magical shop that makes me not look like a sack of potatoes?
Thank you

dailymaillazyjournos Fri 30-Dec-16 12:34:56

I'd move this to the style and beauty section. They are well used to giving wedding clothes suggestions and ideas. Hope you get sorted.

Stinkadoodle Fri 30-Dec-16 14:25:53

Thanks daily, I have done that now

jobellinger Fri 30-Dec-16 14:28:23

Peplum styles are great if you're insecure about your middle. I've also recently discovered a style I don't know the name of: a dress that's baggy on top but a pencil dress from the waist down. I swear it's MAGIC, especially as I have big boobs too.

The other thing I would recommend is investing in a decent corset - it'll make you feel a million dollars and you'll be able to wear a dress you like, rather than one you feel you 'have' to wear!

Stinkadoodle Thu 05-Jan-17 18:40:45

Thanks jo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now