Talk

Advanced search

Smoothing Primer for crepey eyelids

(10 Posts)
MinesaPinot Fri 30-Dec-16 09:04:05

OK Mumsnetters, today's challenge. I'm mid-50's with reasonably good skin except on my eyelids which are starting to get a bit crepey (have tried every eye cream going I think). Can anyone recommend a smoothing eye cream/primer that I can put on before I put eyeshadow on? Budget is usually the Boots/Superdrug level, but prepare to go up a bit for something that works.

Judydreamsofhorses Fri 30-Dec-16 10:33:49

Above budget, but the Nars one is the best I have ever used - I have really oily lids but with this can put on makeup at 6.30am and it's still perfect at midnight. It costs about £18, but the tube lasts me at least six months with pretty much daily use. I tried all the others (including the famed Urban Decay) before getting to this and wish I hadn't wasted my money.

ilovecherries Fri 30-Dec-16 10:36:36

I'm 56 and I use the urban decay eye primer. Really like it.

ilovecherries Fri 30-Dec-16 10:37:52

Crossed with Judy smile. Differing views on UD.

MinesaPinot Fri 30-Dec-16 12:33:22

Thanks Judy and Cherries will look at both of those when I'm in town at the weekend.

wordassociationfootball Fri 30-Dec-16 14:04:54

50 and love my Nars one bought after much research.

Cakescakescakes Fri 30-Dec-16 14:15:29

I love the Laura Mercier Eye Basics cream. Lasts forever and very smoothing and colour correcting.

SirChenjin Fri 30-Dec-16 14:16:41

Urban Decay eye primer - amazing stuff. Tiny tube but lasts for ages.

Lndnmummy Fri 30-Dec-16 19:14:30

Bare minerals 5in1 BB thingy. I look like I have smooth eyelids when I wear it.

WomanFromAnotherPlace Sat 31-Dec-16 08:29:00

Another one here who thinks UD eye potion is overrated. I bought the NYX waterproof eye primer from Boots (about a fiver I think) and it's really good for the price. Eye shadow pigment seems bolder with the NYX than the UD primer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now