Talk

Advanced search

Is orange the new black? (Lighthearted)

(5 Posts)
thetwocultures Thu 29-Dec-16 23:14:27

Ok so I'm really out of the loop when it comes to anything trendy/fashionable and I always struggle to keep up with it.
Went to the local shopping centre today and lots of girls/ladies/women were wearing orange... And not subtle orange but "hi-vis" orange. Orange bags, orange tops and even saw a lady in a bright orange Ralph Lauren jumper with a white shirt underneath and was surprised how good it looked!

Is this a new trend or was it just some strange coincidence and I was trapped in the orange zone for a few hrs? <debates wether to pull her orange impulse buy top out of the closet>

MinesaPinot Fri 30-Dec-16 08:57:30

oh no, really? I was sorting out my handbags yesterday and put a orange one in the charity bag rushes off to retrieve it

Actually, thinking about it, when I was in Cos a couple of days ago some of the new stuff was in a sort of orange colour.

Thinks about it and definitely rushes off to retrieve said bag

busyrascal Fri 30-Dec-16 09:04:58

Urgh. I hate orange.

MsUnderstanding Fri 30-Dec-16 09:59:51

I've noticed a lot of mustard yellow, esp knitwear.

thetwocultures Fri 30-Dec-16 11:14:27

Come to think of it i have seen lots of mustardy hues too but was too focused on the bright ones to take much notice ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now