Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Warm boots

(18 Posts)
OneThingAndThenTheNext Thu 29-Dec-16 17:38:29

I'm going to Budapest next month with some friends and I think it may be a bit chilly! Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for warm boots please, that will be sensible for walking around but look remotely stylish? Not asking for the world or anything grin

I have UGG boots but they're not waterproof so have ruled them out. Plus they've seen better days so can just about get away with a new pair as their replacement!

missmapp Thu 29-Dec-16 17:43:11

I have these in navy. They are lovely and warm and look good with jeans and skirts / chunky tights.
www.celticandco.com/ladies/footwear/leather-boots/wilderness-boots

Outcomesthebunnyofdeath Thu 29-Dec-16 17:44:18

Sorel or merrell boots are warm and good for walking.

Cumberlover76 Thu 29-Dec-16 18:25:31

Can definitely recommend Merrell, I have the Captivia launch and they are waterproof and cosy but can still fit a thermal sock too.

SheldonsSpot Thu 29-Dec-16 18:59:06

I love Merrell boots, I am wearing the Travvy tall to death at the moment and have ordered another pair of Captiva tall.

BagelGoesWalking Thu 29-Dec-16 23:27:25

If you want something just for that holiday, I would look at eBay. If you're lucky, you can find really good stuff in v good condition. Otherwise, Sports Direct have good winter boots if you don't want to spend as much as Merrells etc

OneThingAndThenTheNext Sun 01-Jan-17 11:21:16

Thank you all! I'd like to be able to wear them for the next few winters too, so don't mind paying a bit more. miss love those but none in my size left sad Will have a look at Merell boots today!

Gillybobs Sun 01-Jan-17 11:26:42

I'd buy sheepskin insoles for normal boots, so so cosy and economical! Combine with warm thermal socks if it's outrageously cold but honestly, they're incredible

bingohandjob Sun 01-Jan-17 14:28:17

I've got similar to these - wore in freezing cold Berlin winter and were toasty and comfy m.shopeu.ecco.com/uk/en/ecco/trace_12561482/12561483?navId=342&group=listing

BagelGoesWalking Sun 01-Jan-17 19:09:21

Gilly where do you get your insoles from. I picked up some last year off Amazon and need more, so looking for recommendations

BuggersMuddle Sun 01-Jan-17 20:22:34

I have Ugg snow boots, which are waterproof and cozy. Like the ones attached. Unlike normal Uggs they have a proper grippy sole and event liner. I love them.

rollonthesummer Sun 01-Jan-17 20:23:55

Fur lined Fly boots-they are amazing.

Outcomesthebunnyofdeath Sun 01-Jan-17 20:25:45

I have those too Buggers. I worship them!

LazySusan11 Sun 01-Jan-17 22:07:44

Ariat Windermere they're warm and so comfortable

Gillybobs Sun 01-Jan-17 23:58:31

Mine were from amazon, i think the best quality are likely from Ugg although mine were cheapies they were still fab

Laquila Mon 02-Jan-17 00:10:05

Another vote for Merrells - I think mine are the Captiva Buckledown. Hands down the best and most stylish waterproof boots I've had but I also have some Ugg Simmens on the way...I'll report back!

taybert Mon 02-Jan-17 07:40:29

I have Sorel Tivoli which are lovely and warm and not too heavy. BrandAlley have some of those Ugg ones in at the moment on quick delivery.

IJustLostTheGame Mon 02-Jan-17 08:47:50

Www.valenme.com

Quite literally the warmest and comfiest boots I've ever owned. They are like wearing slippers.
You can get galoshes to go on over the soles and foot part too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now