Talk

Advanced search

If you had £200 worth of gift vouchers for John Lewis ....

(51 Posts)
MarvinKMooney Thu 29-Dec-16 17:37:38

... What would you buy?

I just can't make my mind up: one big item? Several smaller items? Clothes, sportswear or make up/skincare?

Inspire me! fsmile

Madbengalmum Thu 29-Dec-16 17:39:30

Skincare,makeup or waitrose.

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Thu 29-Dec-16 17:39:31

Depends what I needed/wanted!

Ideal scenario:
Boots or a biker jacket or a coat for around £100
A scarf
Nice undies
A splurge in Benefit or Urban Decay

ispymincepie Thu 29-Dec-16 17:40:26

There are cashmere snoods down to £25 in the sale!

Mirandawest Thu 29-Dec-16 17:41:36

We're thinking of buying some dining room chairs from there so I'd put them towards that.

Alternatively I'd put them towards a new iPad. And maybe get a nice candle.

Parisbanana Thu 29-Dec-16 17:41:52

I would have said some new bed linen, but realise you said something clothes/skin care. So probably a decent coat and a nice lipstick

MarvinKMooney Thu 29-Dec-16 17:42:13

I think I need the JL website open while I read this. Hmmm cashmere snood, you say?

Flanderspigeonmurderer Thu 29-Dec-16 17:44:01

Clothes, makeup, skin care, new bedding, bedside lamps.

Flanderspigeonmurderer Thu 29-Dec-16 17:45:38

Sorry I didn't read the OP very well! Go for a make up trial at one of the counters. I would split between make up and clothes.

TotalPerspectiveVortex Thu 29-Dec-16 17:52:35

A nice espresso machine. We have a pod coffee machine but I'd upgrade to the barista style machines in a heartbeat!

MsUnderstanding Thu 29-Dec-16 17:56:40

I would buy this dress. www.johnlewis.com/finery-alderney-craft-lace-prom-dress-magenta/p3096014?navAction=jump I only have £25 vouchers though so might settle for leather gloves.

Floisme Thu 29-Dec-16 18:02:47

I'm not exactly short of clothes so I'd go for a big item e.g. boots or leather jacket. Or some perfectly cut trousers in a brand that's normally out of my league.

If I had any change left (unlikely) I'd head for the Bobbi Brown counter and have a make up session.

An espresso machine is very tempting but it might kill me

FreeButtonBee Thu 29-Dec-16 18:06:51

Cashmere snood! I bought a Brora one in the end of winter sale last year for a bargain price and it is AWESOME. Brill if you have small children and the ends of scarves constantly flail about or get yanked. And so cosy. I love mine.

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Thu 29-Dec-16 18:06:58

Think I might be tempted by this if I had vouchers

Or these if I was a size 5.

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Thu 29-Dec-16 18:08:51

I got a cashmere snood in Monsoon a couple of years ago. It is a thing of beauty.

Floisme Thu 29-Dec-16 18:12:37

Gah I love those boots and I'm a size 5...

<nails hands to table>

Laquila Thu 29-Dec-16 18:25:10

Following...although I only have £100! I'm terrible for dithering with gift cards and keeping them, unspent, for years. I recently bought an All Saints biker, have a lovely Whistles wool coat and have just ordered some Ugg Simmens (they don't look like Uggs, I promise) in the sale...I don't really WWE any expensive make-up...I already have a load of perfume I don't use...ditto candles...shall I just spend it in Waitrose?! Ooh the extravagance.

gonegrey56 Thu 29-Dec-16 18:25:42

Put it towards a Dyson hairdryer ? If you have nightmare hair that is ...

Nanasueathome Thu 29-Dec-16 18:27:38

Cannot really decide..
But I do know that I would like £200 of John Lewis vouchers

ilovewelshrarebit123 Thu 29-Dec-16 18:27:38

Perfume and Liz Earle would be my choice wink

AtSea1979 Thu 29-Dec-16 18:28:46

New Fitbit, sports gear, some sort of electrical item

DinosaursRoar Thu 29-Dec-16 18:37:55

I would hold off until the spring things are in store and then get a classic trench coat as my old work one is looking ropey, and I look mumsy in the Boden rainy day mac I have.

What gaps do you have in your wardrobe? John Lewis are good for classic high quality basics, so anything you are in need of, go for that!

DinosaursRoar Thu 29-Dec-16 18:38:31

I would hold off until the spring things are in store and then get a classic trench coat as my old work one is looking ropey, and I look mumsy in the Boden rainy day mac I have.

What gaps do you have in your wardrobe? John Lewis are good for classic high quality basics, so anything you are in need of, go for that!

Rednailsandnaeknickers Thu 29-Dec-16 18:48:48

If it was me, I'd blow the whole lot on a gorgeous Coach handbag. But if you are more sensible than me:

Boots.
Classic coat.
Perfume (or skincare) in reduced gift sets-good value as you often get the shower gel/body lotion for same price as the perfume on its own usually.
A really nice mirror/print/vase/ etc that you wouldn't normally spend on.
Good quality make up brushes - makes such a difference.

OhWellNeverMindEh Thu 29-Dec-16 18:54:11

Ooh, exciting:-

Jo Malone pomegranate noir candle
Dr Haushka or Neal's Yard skincare
Luxury socks
Amazon Fire TV stick
Coffee machine
A bargainous top or sweater of some sort / whistles, reiss, mint velvet or kin.

Enjoy spending it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now