Talk

Advanced search

Hair colour advice

(5 Posts)
SuperFlyHigh Thu 29-Dec-16 16:50:56

For years after getting highlights (got semi perm dark colour then perm dark colour last couple of times) I've decided to go dark permanently.

I want to do it myself to save money and see how I get on. My questions are what brands are best or not and also are there any other tips. colour wise I intend to go similar to what my hairdresser used last time, could I mix colours if I want?

I've already saved myself a good £50 or more by not highlighting and now by this it'll be far more!

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Thu 29-Dec-16 17:45:16

Use a clarifying shampoo before you colour to get rid of product build up. This will help the colour take better. I used to use the Garnier Nutrisse colours when I coloured my hair.

SuperFlyHigh Sat 31-Dec-16 09:51:51

Good idea, thanks! I've got some Paul Mitchell clarifying shampoo as it goes.

humanfemale Sat 31-Dec-16 10:54:45

Box dyes tend to end up darker than the advertised colour on the picture, so just bear that in mind when choosing. Maybe others here will know more, but I'd allow for it coming up a couple of shades darker than the colour on the box.

SuperFlyHigh Sun 01-Jan-17 14:13:46

humanfemale that's good to bear in mind thanks!

Mine is a Vidal Sassoon one. Will post colour later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now