Talk

Advanced search

Bobbi Brown Brightening Powder- comments?

(21 Posts)
GreatNorthern Thu 29-Dec-16 15:00:41

Is it really sparkly? I hope not. The onsite reviews are good and include some from more mature wearers. I don't have any wrinkles but there is a limit to having a sparkly face when you are 50+ even with good skin.

Online, it says they refund on all powders, but this one isn't listed as returnable and I can't get any reply in 'Chat' on their site.

PaperdollCartoon Thu 29-Dec-16 15:39:20

I know not what you asked but have you looked at Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (the three together one) it's amazing, I put it all over my face and get constant skin compliments

GreatNorthern Thu 29-Dec-16 15:45:56

No haven't looked but will. Where do you buy / order it?

HumpHumpWhale Thu 29-Dec-16 15:46:03

I have it in the porcelain pearl. I can't speak for the other colours but the one I have is unwearable it's so sparkly. Not all of it, but the top left silver colour basically has huge chunks of glitter in it. I'd avoid if you're over about 12. (I bought it online and live overseas so couldn't return it. I'm bitter.)

GreatNorthern Thu 29-Dec-16 15:47:47

ah- found it at Space NK. Too pricey for me. I could afford it, but £59 for powder is a bit steep. Glad you like it though.

GreatNorthern Thu 29-Dec-16 15:48:44

Thanks Hump That's just what I was asking. That was the shade I would have ordered. Much obliged.

Doobigetta Thu 29-Dec-16 16:58:00

I have the Highlighting Powder. It looks shimmery in the compact but is actually very subtle and flattering on.

user1471463223 Thu 29-Dec-16 16:59:31

Boujoirs rice powder is illuminating but not sparkly. Reasonably priced from Boots

Bluntness100 Thu 29-Dec-16 17:00:16

I had this awhile ago and yes I found it too shimmery, I caught sight of myself in broad daylight and I was all sparkly, so it went in the bin,

I like channel les beiges powder, it stays dewy if that makes sense. However it is the same price range but lasts for ages.

PaperdollCartoon Thu 29-Dec-16 17:50:29

It is expensive but I've had it 9 months, wear it most days and is still nowhere near running out. I do find cheaper make up is usually a false economy because it runs out much quicker and need replacing more often.

SurferRona Thu 29-Dec-16 19:01:58

I find it way too sparkly- I second hourglass, but also use much korre reasonable NARS compact as a finishing powder, it also comes in a loose powder (tho' imo that seems to be slightly more matt) ow.ly/psT8307xr9n

Brillenbar Thu 29-Dec-16 19:42:08

I have the brightening finishing powder in nude and I love it never looks Caley not sparkly ( or at least no one has ever said I look sparkly!) and has lasted for 6 months so far with daily ( generally twice daily) use. I will buy again when it runs out after this one I hate flat Matt powders

GreatNorthern Thu 29-Dec-16 20:18:39

Thanks all.

What about B Brown Nude Illuminating powder? Is that shimmery? or not? I want glow but not shimmer (shimmer bricks are OTT for me.) There are 4 shades.

I'm using a tiny weeny bit of their pressed powder at the moment in 'yellow' which just sets my foundation and concealer but it IS flat and I'd like something that gives a bit of a lift.

GreatNorthern Thu 29-Dec-16 20:19:34

Oh and I don't have oily skin. So I don't 'need' powder as such, I just find it helps foundation stay put if out all day.

ElizaSchuyler Thu 29-Dec-16 20:28:16

Dd went for a makeover at Bobbi Brown & they used the Nude Finish Illuminating Powder which doesn't look sparkly on unlike the Brightening Powder

LordEmsworth Thu 29-Dec-16 22:13:41

I use the nude Illuminating Powder. Not sparkly at all - leaves a bit of a glow but matte finish. Nice and light.

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Fri 30-Dec-16 11:56:20

I use the nude illuminating powder and love it. Absolutely love it. Not glittery/sparkly. Have nearly finished it and I hardly ever finish my products. I have tried the shimmer bricks in the past but they would not be an every day product for me and I think I tried a brightening brick once but the shade was wrong so I returned it. Definitely the nude finish illuminating powder!

GreatNorthern Fri 30-Dec-16 16:59:01

ok looks as if the Illuminating Powder is worth a try.

PossumInAPearTree Fri 30-Dec-16 17:22:50

How about benefit dandelion powder?

GreatNorthern Wed 04-Jan-17 18:37:04

I just thought I'd update. Have got the Illuminating Powder in Porcelain. I love it! One or two of the pans have a slight sparkle, but it's more of a sheen when it's on. Def no glitter. It's like a powder but softer focus and not such a matte finish. Not sure of the staying power compared to powder (I don't use much powder and only if I'm out for the day) but it's lovely.
I use Dior Star foundation which is light reflective; ordinary powder was killing the finish whereas Illuminate just enhances it all.

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Wed 04-Jan-17 20:24:51

Enjoy your purchase!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now