Talk

Advanced search

Bra intervention help please!

(6 Posts)
Imnotaslimjim Thu 29-Dec-16 14:18:34

Earlier this year I realised that all the issues I had with my bras were because they were simply too small. I have many, many body issues and haven't yet managed to go and get measured properly in a shop. I did take myself shopping and tried a few on and went from a 40DD to a 42F and these seemed to fit ok.

My lovely MIL passed a comment over Christmas though about how I'm always adjusting myself and that maybe I still didn't have it right. I've seen you ladies mention the Bra Guru so had a read of the website and have measured myself as suggested. I have an underband at 42" and around the cup when bent over of 54". By my reckoning that makes me a 42H or HH is that right? I don't have much spare cash right now and can't imagine that I would get something that size at a low cost!

hollinhurst84 Thu 29-Dec-16 14:22:46

Best places for cheap are
Brastop
Crazy clearance
eBay
Amazon (put your bra size in search bar)

suze28 Thu 29-Dec-16 14:25:54

Agree with Hollin also there's a great fb group called Boob or Bust who can help with bra fitting and style advice.

Imnotaslimjim Thu 29-Dec-16 14:27:37

Thank you hollinhurst I hadn't considered trying Amazon. I've just been to look and they average £10-15 so I'm happy. I think I need to go somewhere and try some on at that size though before spending out more. Being that size just doesn't feel right (I suppose it's the shock!)

hollinhurst84 Thu 29-Dec-16 14:28:33

Brastop are mega quick at returns/exchanges/refunds so they're quite good if you want to try stuff

Tartle Thu 29-Dec-16 15:03:41

Before you order a load online I would go to bravissimo and get them to fit you/ try a few in new size. Then you can be confident stuff will be right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now